About the job
As a data scientist in Bukalapak, you will work closely with stakeholders to ensure that we are making data-driven decisions. You will apply analytical and statistical techniques not only to answer questions but also to generate good questions. We believe that a simple answer to a good question is better than a rigorous answer to a bad question. The successful candidate will leverage statistics, machine learning, econometrics, causal inference and other tools to answer the problem at hand.
- Identifying potential growth opportunities through data exploration & analysis
- Collaboratively work with stakeholders to define problem and to provide actionable insight based on data-driven approached
- Promoting self-service data driven culture within organisation
- Developing scalable data products (predictive model, perscriptive dashboard, etc) that drives businesses/products growth
- Designing controlled experiment to determine incremental effect of business & products initiatives
- 2+ years of professional experience in Data Science, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, or related field working with Data
- Experience in crafting engaging and compelling data insights for business stakeholders and diverse audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Engineering, Sciences, Economics or Mathematics
- Experience in SQL and scripting/statistical programming language(ex: python, R)
- Master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Engineering, Sciences, or equivalent practical experience.
- Solid knowledge in root cause analysis, statistical, time-series, or predictive modeling skills.
- Experience in managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Strong ability to distill and translate business cases into clearly defined data analytics problem
- Prior experience in a technology company
- Experience in data pipeline orchestration with Airflow, Jenkins, or related technologies