About the job
Develop analytics models/use-cases for Boost Biz, providing descriptive, predictive, or prescriptive insights into business-critical initiatives such as acquisition, engagement, and retention of the merchant base, as well as develop a slew of products to be packaged as a Data-as-a-Service proposition for the Merchants to address their business needs
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY
1. Develop various analytics models/use-cases, such as recommendation engine, and segmentation, as part of DaaS product offers for Boost merchants.
2. Perform data wrangling and extract exploratory insights from big data. Create statistical and machine learning models in multiple technologies to support project goals. Then, deliver solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets
3. Conduct advanced data analysis and complex design algorithms, identifying available and relevant data, both internal and external data sources, leveraging on new data collection processes.
4. Solve analytical problems, articulate the findings and methodologies used, explore various approach to validate business findings and hypothesis.
5. Utilize business acumen coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to decide on the optimum programming options to produce value-add solutions. Solutions must be focused to achieve customer satisfaction, cost efficiency and incremental GTV or NR.
6. Work closely to provide cross-functional solutions for the various business units to develop various descriptive, predictive or prescriptive models.
• Bachelor of Science degree in computing/programming/machine learning or other related fields
• Strong programming and statistical modeling skills with tools such as Python, R, SQL, SAS, Weka, MATLAB etc. (with Python and Linux command line skills)
• Experience in coding using machine learning algorithms
• Knowledge in Telecommunications or Digital banking and payment sector is preferred
• Passionate about creating value through scientific methods and data analysis
• Fluent in verbal and written communication with the ability to articulate data science/analytics in simple terms
• 2 or more years’ experience of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics
• Familiar with high dimensionality data, dimensionality reduction, or feature extraction.
• Able to explore, manipulate, and visualize data in big data to find new patterns and signals.
• Proficient in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms