About the job
Who is SpiralData?
We are a growing AI and Big Data company that minimises risk and improves efficiency for medium-to-large organisations – creating smarter organisations.
– Small but growing team
– We solve ‘new ground’ problems
– Robust and mature AI/ML stack so you can focus on the algorithms and their outputs for our customers
– Supportive work environment with flexible work conditions
– Adelaide-based, ranked Australia’s most liveable city in 2021
– Blue-chip customers across water utilities, regulators and premium food
– Our customers have complex processes and are asset-rich organisations
– Our AI solutions improve efficiency and minimise risk
– You will perform a healthy mix of consultancy with our customers and internal R&D on our platforms
– Love to solve complex problems using algorithms
– Enjoy working in small, transparent teams singularly focussed on results for our customers
– You are passionate about data, data science topics, improving business processes and like to develop solutions for complex issues
– You are experienced in data science projects and their associated engineering
– You are a pragmatist rather than a doubter
Do you recognise yourself? Then you are the right person for us.
Take responsibility for exciting Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning projects and topics.
Which requirements should you meet?
• Completed studies in mathematics, statistics, data science or comparable
• 1-5 years professional experience consulting in data science projects using Python, Node.js or equivalent
• Very good knowledge of time series algorithms and their deployment, preferably with experience in anomaly detection (supervised and unsupervised)
• Advantageous: Experience in AWS / Azure, anomaly detection, computer vision and water
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Team player
What can you expect?
• Conception and implementation of sophisticated data science projects in AWS and/or Azure
• Accompaniment of the customer: From sales support, proof-of-concept, pilot, company-wide roll-out to support desk
• Collaboration and support in technically challenging projects as Data Science Consultant
• Support of presales activities in the form of ‘Proof of Concept‘ Workshops
• Involvement in the R&D of AI platforms to be “productised”
• The lightbulb moments
• Educating customers on the ‘art of the possible’ with data, algorithms and decision making solutions
Bringing people (customers / partners / our people) along for the ride in achieving positive change
• Varied and interesting work: across different domains, technology and the SDLC
• Have a voice during solution design
• A company that cares for its people: flexible working hours for work-life balance, Tonsley (Adelaide) and work-from-home mix, trust working time model and investment in further training / certification, interesting projects that make a difference
• Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience
For the right candidate, the opportunity to move into a leadership role as SpiralData continues to grow.