This position is primarily responsible for the effective and efficient management of our inventory planning to achieve the highest level of order fulfillment and customer satisfaction, and in meeting our goals of profitability and cash flow as well as customers’ needs. Providing the supply chain analysis and make recommendations for proactively improving our inventory management.
Relevant diploma/degree in the Supply Chain Management or material planning.
- 3 years or above working experience in supply chain and primary area in Inventory Management. (Chemical industry preferable).
- Working experience in any ERP / planning system.
Effective Demand Planning for Order fulfillment, Purchase and Production Requirement Planning
- Working closely and in coordination with cross functional departments to meet shipment requirements, inventory targets as well as maintaining a sustained delivery and quality performance.
- Reviewing of planning requirements for purchasing and production.
- Ensure raw materials and packaging material sufficient to meet production requirements.
- Ensuring that the Demand Forecast system is carried out promptly on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring the forecast consolidation details updated to SAP promptly on a monthly basis.
- Monitor and review inventory holding.
Optimum Inventory Management
- Managing of the inventory daily activities with the different departments, ie. customer service, purchasing, production, technical and warehouse.
- Partnering and working closely with sales and other departments on SLOB (Slow & Obsolete) prevention and management by reducing slow moving and obsolete inventories.
- Reviewing inventory levels on a monthly basis and adjust as required.
- Performing periodic analysis to adjust inventory levels on inventories that are not turning and communicating changes to the sales associates.
- Analyzing and reviewing slow moving and obsolete inventories and developing strategies to reduce / prevent SLOB.
- Identifying all age sensitive inventories and ensuring these inventories are consumed / returned / sold prior the shelf life expiry date.
Effective Management of Sales and Operation Planning
- Support to ensure S&OP is carried out monthly on agreed timeline.
- Support to provide analysis on demand forecast planning accuracy and performance and provide feedback to Manager for continuous improvement to the forecast.
- Ensure S&OP template is prepared per the agreed timeline.
- Update changes in forecast after S&OP.
- Send S&OP Minutes of Meeting within 2 working days.
Effective Management of Information and Reporting
- Managing the product standard costing and report in Baan system.
- Providing product cost information to Sales Division to make better informed business decision.
- Generating monthly reports such as Inventory Management Analysis, Forecast Analysis, etc. or other required reports in a timely manner.
- Providing Costing Management and Analysis.
- Administrating and maintaining the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) registrations and cost components submission.
- Inventory Planning in SAP based on the monthly forecast submitted by the Sales Team, including releasing inventory planning for manufacture products, purchasing of raw and packaging materials.
- Analyse the forecast accuracy and performance and provide constructive feedbacks to the Sales for continual improve forecast accuracy.
- Performing prompt and timely data entry to SAP system to ensure accuracy of information for relevant users, regular reporting, forecasting and budgeting requirements.
- Timely and optimum supply of raw materials to respond to production planning schedules.
- Coordinating with cross functional departments to meet shipment requirements, inventory targets as well as maintaining a sustained delivery and quality performance.
- Supporting tight deadlines and urgent customers’ needs proactively.
- Generating prompt and timely month end reports: Inventory Management Analysis, Forecast Analysis, etc.
- Managing the SLOB inventory by good partnership and communication with all concern parties (eg. Sales, Customer Service, Warehouse, Production, Inter-company, etc.).
- Performing other related tasks or activities assigned from time to time.
- Good communicator with clear written & spoken skills in English.
- Good team player and confidence in voicing ideas and challenge the norms.
- Versatile and always see changes and challenges as opportunity.