We are looking for a self-motivated, tech-savvy individual to support the online and digital aspects of Redress’ programmes and activities. Reporting to the Communications Manager, this position would suit a candidate who is organized, resourceful and comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, and interested in effecting positive change through their work.
– Maintain, develop, and troubleshoot Redress’ websites hosted on Squarespace, including layout and content updates as well as periodic review and optimization of UX/UI, connecting third-party integrations and extensions, adding custom code, etc
– Manage partnerships and subscriptions for all external technology and digital platforms including (but not limited to) Thinkific, Surveymonkey, Mailchimp, Awardforce, Microsoft 360, Adobe Suite, Wrike, etc
– Manage our principle Traditional and Simplified Chinese website versions using multi-language platform Localize
– Manage technical support and vendor liaison for the Redress Design Award online application system (Awardforce)
– Monitor and analyze traffic across our digital platforms and activities
– Identify and implement measures to improve our reach to our target audiences including software solutions, UI improvements and SEO
– Lead on optimizing Redress’ data storage, including migrating from a server-based to a cloud-based solution
– Generally maintain and configure our in-office computer hardware and software, security protocols, and other configurations
– Create and maintain staff user accounts
– Provide basic in-office diagnostic and tech support as and when needed
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
● Eligible to live and work in Hong Kong
● Undergraduate university degree in computer science or related discipline
● Experience managing Squarespace websites
● Minimum 1-2 years experience in a similar role
REQUIRED SKILLS & DESIRED PROFILE:
● Familiarity with HTML and CSS
● Excellent general IT skills and knowledge
● SEO skills a plus
● Spoken and written Cantonese and English a must. Written simplified Chinese a plus.
● Resourceful, responsible and with a sense of initiative
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
● Ability to follow instructions and work independently on projects with initiative
● An interest in environmental sustainability is a plus
Interested candidates should send their CV with details of their professional and academic background, together with a covering letter, availability and expected salary.
Established in 2007, Redress is a pioneering HK-based NGO working to promote environmental sustainability in the fashion industry. Through our dynamic programmes we work directly with the next generation of fashion designers, industry professionals and consumers in order to reduce textile waste, minimise water and energy consumption and ultimately create a new circular economy for fashion.
Our flagship project, The Redress Design Award, is the world’s largest sustainable fashion design competition and works to inspire and educate emerging fashion designers on innovating with circular design principles. The competition puts emerging sustainable design talent in the spotlight, creating a platform for the next generation of designers to cut waste out of fashion.
Job type: P/T (4 days/week)