About the job
ESL is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager who is passionate about managing all facets of marketing from end-to-end, including responding to briefs, budgeting, planning, creating presentations and reports and working with our clients to ensure they have the best outcome possible for their events or online programs, to work full-time joining the Asia Pacific Japan branch of the world’s largest esports company. The Marketing Manager is responsible for crafting strategies for Marketing teams, including digital, advertising, communications and creative. They act as an intermediary between different departments, both within and outside of the organisation, and oversee the overall progression of the various assignments. The Marketing Manager should also be able to work efficiently in high pressure situations and possess critical problem solving skills.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who’s passionate about the exciting and dynamic world of Esports and Gaming in the APJ region.
ESL collaborates with top-notch renown brands and game publishers to organise, plan and run large scale events online and offline globally.
Join us in our mission to Create a World where Everybody can be Somebody.
This role will require working directly alongside our various teams and clients to ensure the smooth planning and execution of different esports projects and events. Part of the work also includes documentation and crafting spreadsheets critical to the various processes.
You will be…
- Working in partnership with the creative team, develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets
- Conceptualize and execute on multi-channel campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels
- Gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase customer conversions, and generate more qualified leads
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
- Responsible for drafting or overseeing the creation of media releases and content on social media, forge relationship with journalists and manage the response to ‘crisis’ situations
- Managing the social media team across the SEA region and coordinating their shifts based on projects
We’re looking for…
- An experienced and highly motivated individual that wants to challenge themselves in an esports environment
- Working knowledge of marketing esports programs/projects
- Strategize and plan resources for multiple regions within Asia – manage the social teams that execute for the local markets
- Strong multitasking & problem-solving abilities
- Able to work well with others and lead a team in a diverse and fast-paced environment
- Confident, decisive and quick
- Excellent time-management skills
- Working with a global team in executing world-class programs
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Work experience as Marketing Manager, preferably within video games industry
- Experienced in running successful marketing campaigns
- Solid knowledge of web analytics, Google Adwords and CRM software
- Leadership skills, analytical mind and the ability to set and prioritize goals
- Strong client facing and internal communication skills
- Experience working in a live and fast environment
- Good understanding and love of video games and/or esports – Experience in the field is a strong plus
- Ability to work autonomously within deadlines
- Fluency in verbal and written English
ESL is the world’s largest & leading Esports company, operating various online and offline events such as Intel Extreme Masters, ESL One, CS:GO Pro-League as well as DreamHack Festival and numerous regional and national leagues. ESL has offices in 15 different countries and operations on all continents with around 700 employees.
We are an incredibly fast-paced digital company, driven by the passion for creating this new chapter of the sports-entertainment history. We value independent minds, initiative, and a start-up mindset. We give quickly responsibilities and opportunities, with us you really can be somebody and have a positive impact.