Kmart Australia Limited
About the job
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
Join the team
Department managers at Kmart live and breathe the Kmart values and are responsible for recruiting, leading, developing and coaching their team members. Our teams are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously raise the bar!
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Department Manager in a Kmart store you will:
- Enjoy leading others
- Like variety in your work
- Think on your feet
- Follow policy and clear processes
- Be driven and ambitious
- Adapt to change
- Demonstrate resilience
To Be Successful In This Role You’ll Have
- Experience as a manager across either a big box or high-volume retail environment
- A passion for delivering results that will motivate your team
- Experience coaching and leading large and diverse teams
- Values that reflect a high level of commitment to ‘safety’, always thinking ‘customer’ and a belief in constantly motivating your team to ‘reach higher’ every day.
- The ability to foster strong relationships with team members, peers, customers and leaders
Benefits We’ll Offer You
- Great work life balance – our managers work 1 in 3 weekends
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy
- A discount card for Kmart, Target, Officeworks and Bunnings, plus other benefits
- An inclusive, fun recognition program
- A bonus program (where eligible)
- Development opportunities across Kmart Group (comprised of Kmart, Target and Catch) as well as the broader Wesfarmers Group.
- Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible)
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.