Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine
- Are you looking for an opportunity to have an impact as the Subject Matter Expert in your field and define, design and develop new services around Digital Services?
- Are you keen to work closely with our most high profile customers in the ferry, tanker and container shipping market?
- Are you looking for a varied role with opportunities to be on board with the equipment, talking with customers or back in the office working with our own support and development teams?
If it sounds like you, apply to be our new Digital Service Lead for Sperry Marine and be ready to jump o n board !
About The Role
One of the foundations for success in digital is using customer trials as part of the development process. As the Digital Service Lead, you will lead the customer engagement, organisation and delivery of these trials with the support of the Digital Business Unit together with the Sperry Service and Support teams.
As the first SperrySphere capabilities are sold and rolled out across customer fleets, you will assist in the customer liaison, planning and execution of the installations and be the first technical point of contact for the customer.
You will liaise closely with the Sperry Service and Support team in providing training to the broader internal and external service engineering organisation in addition to assisting in the technical support to the customer.
This is a varied role created at an exciting time in the new Digital Business unit setup, and you will be a key driver in its success.
The role can be based either at our Hamburg, Vlaardingen (NL) or Singapore office.
Skills & Experience
- About you:
Experience & Education
Not everyone can be a Digital Service Lead. To be considered for this role, please have the following in regard to:
- Any relevant technical qualification or apprenticeship or an equivalent length of applicable experience
- Experience in installation and commissioning of navigation systems and products
- Basic knowledge of electronics and networking.
- Basic understanding of troubleshooting and configuring Windows using administrator tools for network and firewall settings, for instance
- Understanding of the logistics and process to get services done
- Organisational Skills – you must be able to prioritize workloads, problems and the needs of external customers and internal suppliers.
- Communication Skills – Excellent written and spoken communication is required – You must be able to clearly describe issues and solutions with internal and external stakeholders at all levels (including customers, suppliers, management and project staff), and you must have the ability to be able to understand and adjust to the priorities of each.
- Problem Solving Abilities – with responsibility for delivering project outcomes, you must find appropriate solutions for problems as they arise.
- Keen Attention to Detail – in the management of trials and installations, you must be able to focus on many tasks at once while still maintaining close attention to the details of each.
- Commercial Awareness – you must possess commercial awareness to know how project decisions affect business profitability.
- Decisiveness – will be required to make significant decisions on a routine basis. Must be able to assess and understand the facts involved before reaching an objective conclusion that you will be fully accountable for.
- Initiative – to drive trials and ensure the customer feedback reaches the development team and is implemented accordingly.
In this role, you will report to the Digital Business Unit Director based in the UK.
Sperry Marine provides the best safe, efficient and reliable Navigation Solutions for the commercial and defence maritime industry . With over 100 years of history and expertise in navigation, we operate in over 10 countries, with an extensive international presence in Europe, the Americas and Asia and employ over 350 people. Throughout this time, we have established ourselves as a major global provider of radars, compass systems, steering systems, speed logs, integrated bridge and control systems. In addition, Sperry Marine has embraced a digital journey as we aim to play a crucial role as a trusted provider of smart digital services with SperryShere.
What Sperry Marine Can Offer You
- a career in an international company
- interesting global projects
- professional development in a team of top-notch professionals
- access to training for personal development
- attractive compensation package and Performance-based rewards
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.