The Scion Group
About the job
We’re hiring immediately!
The Scion Group seeks a Director, Human Resources Operations to lead the management and effectiveness of operational HR initiatives to ensure the utmost physiological and psychological safety in the workplace. This position will oversee internal HR systems (ADP), compliance, benefits and compensation, employee relations, investigations, workplace safety & crisis management.
- Propose, track and maintain department budget.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Lead a team responsible for managing internal HR systems (ADP), compliance, benefits and compensation, employee relations, investigations, workplace safety & crisis management.
- Partner with Learning & Development and Talent Acquisition & Engagement to administer an effective performance management program.
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and create strategies to adapt to changing market trends to ensure that our compensation and benefits offerings remain competitive.
- Oversee the planning and execution of Scion’s yearly open enrollment process, payroll, and benefits administration; evaluate new vendors and partners as necessary.
- Establish protocols and plans for responding to crisis management and workplace safety-related situations. Ensure communication and action is taken in a timely manner.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) and share with stakeholders.
- Mitigate potential people and business risks, such as grievances and disciplinary actions, so that as little as possible stands between the employees and our customers.
- Ensure policies, practices and procedures are administered fairly and consistently and applicable to local, state and federal laws.
- Assist with the implementation of restructures, workforce planning and succession planning in partnership with stakeholders.
- Foster a spirit of innovation and ideas over egos; ensure respect and inclusion are paramount within the HR team and the company at large.
The responsibilities listed above may not be all inclusive.
What We Require
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading benefits, compensation, and employee relations functions within a high-growth, progressive organization.
- In-depth understanding of HR best practices and experience moving from strategy development to execution.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance issues, including federal, state, and municipal employment laws.
- Experience designing and managing a compensation strategy that is competitive, equitable, and aligned with the company’s compensation philosophy.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong people management, coaching and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Highly proficient in HR data & analytics, technology and infrastructure.
- Remains current on employment laws, regulations and all relative industry practices.
- Job location is based at Scion’s Chicago corporate headquarters.
- Working hours consist of standard daytime business hours with flexibility during peak times.
- FLSA Status Exempt
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Maternity Leave