About the job
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is a hyper-growth company, which means that our core teams and operations infrastructure must constantly be evolving to sustain and further this growth. We have recently enhanced our customer and administrative support capabilities and are seeking a dynamic leader to mature and expand the service offerings of our Toptal Support Center.
As Director of Operations within our Toptal Support Center, you will lead the function designed to deliver exceptional customer experiences through ensuring quality interactions, streamlining support requests and processes, and a commitment to ongoing training to enhance the support experience.
The person in this role will have the opportunity to work on support level initiatives informing strategic direction, developing relevant KPIs, and establishing the team structure necessary for scalability under Toptal’s phenomenal growth. Maturation projects will entail working cross-functionally with senior leaders to identify and provide administrative support services in a Center of Excellence (COE) environment. You will use information and data obtained from customer support encounters to deliver business insights to other function leaders and Executives in order to inform future scalable operational process improvements. Additional opportunities for growth are possible as support needs expand and grow.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
As a member of the Toptal Business Operations Leadership team, you will lead the Toptal Support Center, ensuring high levels of team member engagement and exceptional service to our clients and network talent. You will also seek out opportunities to support internal functions with administrative responsibilities and implement improved processes and workflows in a COE environment in order to support company level scalability.
You will be expected to form strong relationships, partner cross-functionally with Executives and other senior leaders, scope out initiatives, develop frameworks and build comprehensive capabilities to meet support objectives that provide a world-class customer experience.
Your ability to quickly learn the details of our business, mentor and coach a service-oriented team, meet SLAs, and improve operational processes will be key to your success.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Shadow Support Associates and Team Leads to learn the core of Toptal’s Support Center operations, goals, and measurable outcomes.
In The First Month, Expect To
- Undergo a deeper training and mentorship period with Toptal’s Operations team and other functional leaders.
- Complete training on the support tools utilized at Toptal.
- Shadow operational roles in Revenue and Talent Operations to understand the scope of support provided by the Toptal Support Center.
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Establish team success metrics and SLAs and become fully immersed in the day-to-day operations and coaching rhythms.
- Work alongside functional team leaders to determine outcomes, make recommendations, and scope initiatives to consistently improve support metrics.
- Partner with Business Operations and Project Managers to build and execute upon a comprehensive support plan under the guidance of functional leadership.
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Make significant progress on the initiative execution plan, as evidenced by the achievement of initiative milestones and KPIs.
- Consistently achieve success metrics.
In The First Year, Expect To
- Own or assume a key role in the ongoing execution and further enhancement of providing world-class customer service.
- 5+ years combined operations and customer support leadership experience.
- Proven ability to achieve business results in a fast-paced, multi-function environment.
- Creative problem solver with demonstrated results in improving operational processes.
- Ability to leverage data to surface opportunities for business process and service improvements.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions that result in measurable transformative outcomes that reach beyond incremental improvements.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to influence and execute effectively in a cross-functional environment.
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to apply effective change management principles and consider the human element of change.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a high-integrity, team player with the flexibility to meet the demands of changing business priorities.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.