About the job
REMOTE | CUSTOMER SUCCESS | MATERNITY COVER
Shorthand is a growing company that provides a digital publishing platform to many of the world’s best-known publishers, brands, not-for-profits, and universities. With customers on every continent (except Antarctica!), there’s never been a more exciting time to join Shorthand. Our company has a rare distinction in this era of money-burning startups of being comfortably profitable. We’re a small team of geeks with art and heart, and a high bar for quality.
To deliver our magic to customers and their audiences, we build software that is scalable, flexible, reliable and as simple as possible but no simpler.
We tend to do things a little differently at Shorthand. For one thing, we’re a small, fully remote team distributed around the world and have been for over 4 years, meaning we have established systems and processes in place. For this role, we’ll happily take applications from anywhere in EMEA.
The mission of Shorthand is to create a beautifully informed world. In order to do that, we need to ship tools that make it easy to create immersive reading experiences for the web because it will otherwise be unaffordable and painfully cumbersome for organisations to produce such content.
Our outstanding Customer Success and Support is a big part of the Shorthand magic. The purpose of this role is to ensure our customers exceed their goals with our product. You’ll know you’ve been successful in this role when more than 99% of customers renew their subscriptions each month.
The successful candidate will join our amazing Customer Success Team, and report to the VP of Customer Success.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is whip smart, as demonstrated by career achievements and/or school/university results.
- Loves storytelling, especially visual storytelling.
- Has outstanding written and face-to-face communication skills.
- Can ruthlessly prioritise competing demands, and stay calm under pressure.
- Has an extremely high bar for quality.
- Is thorough and detail-oriented.
- Can learn fast.
- Preferably has experience collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams.
- Gains deep satisfaction from helping others achieve their goals.
- Become an expert in using Shorthand.
- Act as the point of contact for all customer accounts assigned to you, and forge deep relationships with key personnel in each customer account.
- Establish and revise goals each customer is aiming to achieve with Shorthand, and track progress towards those goals.
- Use our suite of tools (E.g., Pipedrive, ChurnZero, Chargebee) to ensure all customer data is accurate and up to date.
- Provide regular tailored guidance and training to customers around how to get the best value from our platform.
- Report bugs in the product and assist on the help desk.
- Participate in discussion with the product team around feature ideas and product improvements, reporting customer feedback and suggestions.
- Identify opportunities to upsell and expand customer usage, and assist the sales team with the close and continued success plan.
- Solicit feedback from customers, and encourage them to leave reviews on G2 and other sites when appropriate.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on customer success stories for case studies, newsletters and social channels.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training and support resources in varying formats and platforms, including our online Knowledge Base and webinars.
- Identify, participate in and attend industry-relevant conferences and training events to learn, network and promote Shorthand.
- Report on performance and outcomes, when requested.
- In a nutshell, make our customers successful!
- You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- You can adapt quickly to change and often initiate positive change directly.
- You are collaborative, and strive for open, honest and simple communication.
- You love working remotely.
- You find fulfillment in the job itself, and happiness in a job well done.
- You are happy when our customers are happy.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum 3 years of experience in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in customer success, sales, support or account management.
- A university qualification in marketing, communications, business, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Previous experience in SaaS is desirable.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity options.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, high growth SaaS company.
- Remote working full-time, with allowance for co-working space if required.
- Unlimited annual leave.
- Allowance for setting up your home office.
- Health and Wellness fund to support a healthy lifestyle.