At Amazon we continually look for opportunities to invent on behalf of our customers, helping them to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. To this end, we are building a range of products that help advertisers of all sizes connect with customers from discovery to purchase and enhance the customer experience with Amazon. We launched our first advertising program in 2006, and since then have built a global portfolio of advertising solutions on Amazon owned sites, mobile web and apps, Fire tablet and TV, out of home, and on thousands of external publishers on desktop and mobile through programmatic advertising.
In 2017, we stood up a team in China to drive the awareness, activation, and continued success of China-based sellers advertising in marketplaces worldwide (North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific) via marketing channels, seller education, and product marketing. We are looking for a strong Education Manager to create and carry out the seller education and engagement roadmap for East China (Hangzhou) across a multitude of ad products and industries (e.g. apparel category in Hangzhou). In this role, you will become a champion in the end-to-end process of helping China-based sellers better understand how to use our products to grow their business, from designing education programs and curriculums, becoming Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and presenting your insights and learnings as the face of Amazon Advertising in large scale conferences and summits. You should have excellent presentation and communication skills as an Education ambassador for Amazon Advertising in front of our sellers at flagship events, and be able to design and shape your education roadmap/strategy based on customer needs. In this role, you can expect to work closely with a multitude of cross-functional stakeholders in marketing, sales, product, and partner teams.
Key job responsibilities:
- Develop regional ads business, understand seller needs and pain points on advertising, develop strategic partnership with local internal and external stakeholders and provide education activities to enhance local advertiser ads performance.
- Create effective training contents based on deep understanding of advertisers insights and needs in each marketplaces (NA, EU and JP).
- Partner with sales teams, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other key stakeholders to identify target audience training needs and deliver learning modules against required training timelines.
- Work in a team of site trainers and coordinate, plan, deliver and facilitate workflow training modules including: new hire training, onboarding and continuing education sessions, product launch training sessions, seller connection sessions for advertising.
- Manage comprehensive program plans for long term programs and drive execution of programs according to the plans.
- Interface with advertisers at all levels to collect VOCs, requirements and feedback, define objectives & deliver results.
- Present and lead conversations about projects, issues, solutions, and strategy to stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Host and/or facilitate sessions to deeply understand specific learning objectives, skills, and behaviors globally and across specific markets, verticals and teams.
- Deploy metrics to track progress against program metrics and report on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly progress.
- Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6 years professional sales, training, marketing or business development related experience.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity.
- Skilled in and can demonstrate experience with planning, creating, implementing, delivering online and offline marketing training programs.
- Experience with one-to-many and one-to-one communication skills in both classroom and tutorial settings.
- Experience collaborating with global stakeholders, SMEs, front-line managers and front-line employees.
- Attention to detail; prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing the ability to dive deep.
- Written and verbal fluency in English, as required to work with English language.
- Competent user level of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to generate insights by conducting basic research approach (data analytics, focus group, interview).
- Comfort with travel (1-3 days/week).
- Proven ability on problem solving, multitasking, and prioritization in ambiguity/complexity with a high attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability to succinctly summarize key findings.
- Strong meeting management and negotiating skills.
- Digital advertising and Pay-Per-Click advertising experience is a plus.