About the job
Supplytrain CIC helps young people to get a fairer start at work. We believe in challenging the status quo and changing how things are done, by actually doing them.
In the last 12 months, we have supported 900 young people to access a Kickstart job and we have delivered 1,000s of in-work mentoring sessions to help young people start, sustain and succeed in their jobs. We have the most amazing stories to tell of the people we have helped and the obstacles they have overcome to be a success at work. We are passionate about social mobility and partner with awesome employers that give young people with challenging life circumstances a chance to prove their ability in the workplace and fulfil their career potential.
We are now looking to continue our growth and establish a UK-wide, not-for-profit, recruitment and apprenticeship service that helps young people access great entry-level positions at organisations keen to develop a diverse and inclusive workforce.
If you share our ambition to help young people to get a fairer start in accessing a great job or apprenticeship and have the ability to engage employers and bring them on this important journey, then we’d love to hear from you…
Role and responsibilities
In this exciting work-from-home role, you’ll oversee and run our recruitment and flexi-job apprenticeships services. As we establish and grow these new services you’ll be involved strategically and operationally. You will be directly responsible for reaching out to potential clients, sealing deals, nurturing relationships, assessing young people suitability for roles and apprenticeships, and presenting our offer to stakeholders to help the service grow.
The basic salary is £35k in the first year, with the likelihood of an impact bonus paid based on the number of young people we help into work. As we establish a sustainable recruitment and apprenticeship service it is likely the basic salary will increase in subsequent years and there will be opportunities to grow and manage an in-house recruitment team too. You are effectively growing this service and will be able to shape it how you think it should be done.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Increasing the number of clients using our recruitment and apprenticeship services
- Nurturing existing relationships with clients and stakeholder referral partners
- Driving candidate applications to our live vacancies and assessing suitability of young people
- Raising awareness of our services through online presentations to stakeholders
- Identifying wider business development opportunities for the organisation
What the day to day activity will look like in the next 12 months:
- Outbound calling and emailing employers encouraging them to use our services
- Inbound diagnosis calls, signposting employers to the right recruitment service for them
- Advise, check and approve vacancy details submitted by employers
- Manage the promotion of vacancies on Indeed and with referral partners
- Carry out initial sift of candidates to check the role is right for them to apply
- Be the account manager for key clients and stakeholders
- Deliver presentations explaining our services to potential clients and stakeholders
- Keep up-to-date on policy changes and wider business opportunities
- Manage and analyse feedback from employers and young people to improve services and processes
We are looking for someone that is likely to have worked in recruitment or employer engagement with an apprenticeship provider for 5+ years and enjoys communicating with employers via phone and delivering webinar presentations. You will be looking for an operational role that lets you set strategic goals and start to build a team. You will need an unrivalled ability to build relationships, manage client expectations and close a sale.
We welcome applications from career changers and those with lived experiences too i.e. overcoming adversity to get on at work. If you haven’t got recruitment experience please explain in your cover letter the transferable experiences that make you suitable for the role.
Personal traits we’re looking for
- Empathetic to our mission
- Enjoy communicating on the phone, in webinars and delivering presentations
- Self-motivated to work unsupervised from home
- Ambitious to grow and develop a service from scratch
- Technologically savvy