Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities
About the job
- Provide top notch, proactive admin support in fast paced environment
- Enjoy flexible working based anywhere in Auckland with a national focus
- Salary $74,138 pro rata 5 weeks’ annual leave and a suite of additional benefits
Kāinga Ora has a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires employees to be fully vaccinated, you will be required to provide your vaccination pass during the recruitment process.
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand’s housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders’ lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
The National Engagement and Partnerships Group are now looking to welcome an Engagement Coordinator on a permanent, full-time basis. Reporting to the Engagement Strategic Manager, you will handle a wide range of administrative and project support tasks in implementing engagement practices and frameworks across Kāinga Ora. A key focus of your role will be to provide seamless coordination, collating, compiling and formatting reports and documents for a range of meetings and workshops. You will also work closely with the wider Kāinga Ora teams in coordinating meetings and other collaborative projects.
Key to success in this role will be your ability to be proactive, to effectively influence others to facilitate the information/inputs required (for example information for reports), and your ability to deliver in a deadline driven environment.
Ngā Pūmanawatanga Ōu – What You Will Bring
If you have amazing administration skills and experience, and excited by working in a large public sector organisation, with an interest in gaining further exposure to a diverse range of engagement practice, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you. As our ideal candidate you will demonstrate:
- Comfort in Microsoft Windows, including proficiency in MS Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- A proven track record of coordinating complex related projects
- Relationship management skills, and ability to build strong working relationships
- Effective at negotiating and influencing
- Ability to work independently as well as with multidisciplinary teams
- An energetic self-starter with a growth mindset
- An outgoing, friendly and approachable manner
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks’ annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development.
As a Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga- People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi- Better Together
- Whanake- Be Bold