About the job
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group Job Details
The Engagement Manager / Sr Engagement Manager plays a critical role in Salesforce Professional Services by shaping a services proposal, and then overseeing large implementation projects for strategic customers. Partnered with a Professional Services sales and sometimes with a license sales team, the Engagement Manager / Sr Engagement Manager conducts discovery of customer’s business needs, and then develops and articulates comprehensive implementation proposals. They then maintain the executive relationships throughout the implementation, manages escalations from customer stakeholders, and provides strategic guidance to the project team.
- Lead the discovery of customer business needs, identify root causes of the problems, and translate that to solutions enabled by Salesforce technologies.
- Lead the development of client-specific implementation proposals, SOWs, staffing plans.
- Orchestrate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across the organization to develop cross team services solution proposals, which may include components of functional and technical scope and architecture, change management and training, integration, and user experience, and gain consensus on an acceptable proposal across the internal teams.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- 10+ years’ experience in Professional Services or software implementation delivery, including team leadership and involvement in selling Professional Services
- 5+ years’ operating in a pre-sales environment, shaping and scoping large and complex implementation projects.
- 5+ years of enterprise-level project or program management experience
- Demonstrated aptitude and ability to engage with architects and SMEs in pre-sales activities.
- Strong communication skills, executive presence, and experience in a client advisory role
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Demonstrated capacity to strategize and conduct difficult negotiations with customers
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and products quickly
- Conduct customer executive level communication, presentations, and problem solving during the engagement.
- Aligning closely with license sales and Professional Services sales teams to own pre-sales activities such as scoping, solutioning, SOW development and project staffing.
- Work with the Professional Services leadership team to define the optimal engagement model for a service opportunity, and engage with Salesforce partners wherever appropriate.
- Where appropriate, providing direct oversight to the project team during the full lifecycle of the engagement, acting as the escalation point for both the customer and Salesforce teams.
- Manage multiple strategic pre-sales engagement simultaneously