Vulcan Augmetics, a Ho Chi Minh based startup in the field of wearable robotics (prosthetics) is
looking for an Engineering Manager to help drive the company forward through the next stage of
growth. Our goal is to change the way people interact with wearable technology, and to make
this wearable technology as convenient and instinctive as our bodies, and where losing a limb is
an inconvenience, not a tragedy. We are looking for an Engineering Manager that is inspired
and motivated by the change they can make on how humanity interacts with technology.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will run the R&D team, overseeing the
development process of new products and programs within the organization.
If you’re interested in joining Vulcan force, please attach your CV and portfolio, github and/or
other repositories to firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering – Product Development and R&D:
● Lead product development from concept to production
● Design products focused on Functionality, Reliability, Manufacturability and Cost
● Take existing products from current stage to full maturity
● Implement process and rigor to refine work product of the engineering team
● Establish standards within the organization for performance of team and product
● Establish best practices for engineering staff
● Establish systems (PDM/PLM) for proper data management and hygiene in concert
with Manufacturing and Ops teams
● Provide quick and accurate feedback to up- and down-stream
● Fail fast – Prototype new ideas quickly and effectively
● Mentor and coach junior engineers
● Promote knowledge of new processes and best practices
● Establish and adhere to ISO/FDA processes
● Manage conflict
● Insulate execution team from concepting efforts and churn.
● Establish and maintain schedules
● As a manager you will also be an individual contributor
● Education: BS in Engineering, preferably Mechanical (OPTIONAL)
● Experience Degreed Engineers 3+ years management, Non Degreed 5+ years
● Portfolio of launched products
● Preferred industry experience: toys, consumer goods, medical devices
● Experience in a large organization with a mindset for the realities of a startup
● Skill: Problem-solving, decision-making, reporting, human management, communication.
● Language: English is a must, Vietnamese is a plus
COMPENSATIONS & BENEFITS
● Salary: 20.000.000 – 40.000.000 VND Gross, (negotiable) plus ESOP
● Work Permit is available/arrangeable for expats and oversea talents.
● Massive scope and room for innovation, skills development and leadership growth
● Team parties, team building activities and in-house training/sharing from industry experts
are held every month.