About the job
Today, there’s more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers and follow us on Twitter @Netskope and Facebook.
Netskope recently acquired a startup called Kloudless (科迪股份有限公司), which is now a Netskope’s subsidiary in Taiwan. The Kloudless team has been integrated into Netskope’s products and engineering teams, and its technology powers SaaS protection products in the Netskope Security Cloud.
About The Role
As a member of the Engineering Ecosystems team you will work cross-functionally to build state-of-the-art cloud platforms to support our growing product portfolio. Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage high profile talents, coach, mentor and encourage growth and career progress of team members.
- Reviewing architectures and designs across the organization to help guide other engineers to build scalable cloud services
- Providing technical leadership and strategic direction for large-scale distributed cloud-native solutions
- Being a catalyst for improving engineering processes and ownership
- 8+ years of software engineering experience including 2+ years of management experience
- Excellent Unix/Linux experience and programming experience with Go, C/C++, Java and scripting: Python, Ruby, Shell
- Understanding of IPC mechanisms and previous experience working with: TCP/IP, Kafka, zmq, gRPC, Zookeeper.
- Strong background in cloud environments: containers, Docker, Kubernetes, etcd, zookeeper, service meshes, vault, istio and envoy, API gateways, load balancers.
- Experience with databases, general understanding of ACID, consistency, SQL/NoSQL, key-value stores, time series and columnar databases.
- Experience in CI/CD, using tools like Drone, Github, Makefiles, etc.
- Experience with in-memory databases like Redis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Communicate in an open, transparent and consistent manner with team and co-workers.
- Determined and ever ready to roll up sleeves to respond to the needs of customers proactively and promptly.
- Achievement orientated and willing to take responsibility for own actions.
- Believe in innovation and out-of-the box thinking to foster originality of ideas.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree (MS Preferred)