About the job
Who We Are
Hubilo is a leading virtual event solution company focused on fostering greater human connection through the reimagination of events. Our platform, built with the largest set of engagement features in the industry, makes events more inclusive, accessible, and meaningful. Whether in-person or virtual, event organizers turn to Hubilo for our powerful yet intuitive event technologies, offering our clients an end-to-end event solution with dedicated customer support and proven market leadership.
Fostering greater human connection isn’t just what we do-it’s who we are. As a pioneer in virtual experiences, we believe accessibility, diversity and work-life balance sparks innovation and competitive advantages in a competitive industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an events manager to join our Events team at Hubilo. The ideal candidate will be an experienced events and marketing professional with excellent skills in planning and delivering events plus managing relationships with staff at all levels, partner organizations, external stakeholders and suppliers for both in person and virtual events.
The events manager will ensure that face-to-face or virtual events are managed and delivered to the highest standard with maximum impact for brand awareness, lead generation and maximizing the company’s return on investment.
The role requires a highly organized individual with excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to network, build and manage relationships with diverse groups and also the ability to work independently and manage a demanding and varied workload.
• Serve as central coordinator for all phases of planning and executing Live, Virtual, and Hybrid events
• Manage, organize and archive event project information (e.g. deliverables and content).
• Maintain communication with appropriate team members to ensure positive workflow through weekly status reports, project timelines, budget recaps, estimates, etc.
• Ensure that all event content across the Hubilo website is current.
• Conduct pre event briefs, post event reports, including but not limited to attendee surveys, analytics, and lessons learned
• Work with design and growth teams to create, customize, configure and maintain virtual event registration pages
• Work with CSM teams to create, customize, configure and maintain virtual event platform
• Plan and coordinate event communications pre-, during, and post-programs (i.e., meeting calendar holds, save the dates, invitations, registration reminders, event newsletters, push notifications, event surveys)
• Develop and maintain accurate event budgets; administer and reconcile event payments/invoice
• Offer assistance and guidance with any attendee connection issues, as well as basic technical support during an event
• Schedule and run event planning meetings– set meeting agendas, share relevant resources, capture meeting notes, incorporate feedback.
• Support the development of materials such as Best Practices, FAQs, and training slides to support meeting hosts, speakers, and event support staff
• Research and connect with external networks to stay on top of trends and new tools in the virtual event space, bringing those key learnings and recommendations back to Senior Leadership
• Measure and report on event results.
• Actively participate in brainstorming sessions as we originate and develop ideas.
• Flexible schedule including occasional availability outside of normal working hours to accommodate global events and meetings.
• A minimum of 5 years corporate event planning experience
• Understanding of virtual event platforms
• Has successfully implemented and executed all aspects of the planning process and logistics for in-person and virtual events
• Superior organizational, multi-tasking abilities
• Exceptional time management skills, ability to work under pressure and deal with tight deadlines
• Works well in a fast past, small team environment
• Creative thinker who is interested in staying current on industry and technology trends
• Enjoy multi-tasking and can prioritize work streams effectively under deadline, with timely execution and resolution of action items
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with developing and maintaining project plans, and managing multiple projects/work streams simultaneously