Interested contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Headquartered in London, Clarion is a truly international business, with a portfolio of events and media brands across a range of vertical markets. We have employees based in offices worldwide who specialise in delivering first class marketing, networking, and information solutions in high value sectors, both in mature and emerging geographies.
We organise both live and digital events every year, attracting buyers with spending and decision-making power who are looking for solutions and innovations to help move their businesses forward. Putting them in contact with the providers of these solutions, and with each other, is our overriding objective, always.
We have an exciting opportunity in the Confex Operations team for an Operations Assistant. The role will primarily be to support with the organisation of conferences and exhibitions for portfolios operating in various sectors, such as Energy, Transport, Internet Retailing, Life Sciences and Defence.
- Work as part of a team delivering the operations for conferences and exhibitions, supporting on various key tasks with guidance and support of a manager
- Depending on status of global pandemic at time, if applicable, support with the running of virtual events, platform set up, speaker liaison, design features and live stream coordination.
- Support team with exhibitor and sponsor logistics, managing queries and ensuring that all contracted packages are delivered
- Research and coordinate purchase of sponsored items
- Send speaker communications and manage all speaker requirements to ensure that the conference programmes run smoothly
- Arrange travel and accommodation for staff and speakers within a pre-set budget
- Respond quickly and calmly to requests from speakers, sponsors and exhibitors pre-event and onsite
- Support manager with managing the design process for show guides and signage ensuring relevant information is collected in and artwork sent to print in line with deadlines.
- Work closely with the Portfolio Directors, Producers, the project team and other Operations team members to seamlessly deliver the event
- Assist the Operations team with any other ad hoc tasks as required. Includes ad hoc administration tasks as required by the Manager or Head of Operations
- Assist onsite with the operational running of the show.
- Demonstrate clear and effective communication of ideas and processes
- Methodical filing and record keeping
- Post show evaluation and development
- Available to travel if needed
- Build strong relationships with our customers and deliver great customer service when dealing with exhibitors and delegates.
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a Professional Manner
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behavior:
· Organised and methodical
· Strong social and communication skills
· Able to deal with a broad range of people
· Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
· Keen to embrace and learn to use new technology and IT systems
· Able to work within a team
· A customer-first mind-set
· Problem solver
· Good attention to detail
· Able to manage time effectively
· Work calmly under pressure