About the job
We believe in perfectly planned and delightfully detailed events. We’re searching for a detail-oriented, professional, and experienced event planner to help us create memorable events for entrepreneurs and investors by managing the production from concept through completion.
You will lead the event planning process and its execution to benefit our target audience, elevate our brand, and contribute to the Taiwan startup ecosystem. You will work closely with our accelerator program team to plan DemoDay and run partnership events.
A little bit about us:
SparkLabs Taipei is part of the SparkLabs accelerator network — a global accelerator network founded by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. Established in 2018, SparkLabs Taipei offers a strategically designed accelerator program to help founders grow and scale their startups into world-class businesses. Since our inception, we’ve already accelerated 50 startups.
Learn more about SparkLabs Taipei: www.sparklabstaipei.com
A short brief on your role:
Our Event Planner will play a huge role in supporting SparkLabs Taipei’s startup ecosystem activities, assisting in the planning and executing of our program-related events and partnership events. This role demands experience in all aspects of event, meeting, and conference planning, including venue scouting, equipment logistics, room setup, and a wealth of best practices.
The best fit for our company is a detail-oriented event planner, who has exceptional oral and written communication skills both in Chinese and English and can manage the daily details with big-picture thinking to ensure truly unique and superb experiences.
We prefer someone who’s a “people person” with great communication skills and the ability to moderate both online and offline events with various parties.
- Organize and implement engaging online and offline events and campaigns from ideation to execution in order to strengthen the SparkLabs Taipei community.
- Manage all aspects of an event from pre-planning, determining resource needs, coordinating pre-event marketing with the marketing team, on-site coordination, to post-event follow-up with strict deadlines.
- Nurture and build relationships with vendors, venues, and other industry contacts to craft and implement creative and logistical aspects of all events
- Stay current, and often ahead of the curve, on event planning, design, and production trends, proactively identifying and solving operational challenges
- Conduct post-event data and strategic analysis to identify areas to improve for future events
- Proven 3-5 years of hands-on experience in event planning and execution.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, project management, and meticulous attention to detail in order to balance multiple projects and deadlines to meet objectives.
- Ability to handle pressure and make split-second decisions
Preferred (not required, but good to have):
- Familiarity with the startup scene and culture
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, and tight-knit company
- Have knowledge in VCs/accelerators/corporate innovation/government relations
Who will you be working with?
- Marketing Manager (Mainly)
- Program Director