Acts as an informed team member providing coordination of information regarding our core programs internally and National Events management with limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Managing end to end trade events;
- Compiling retail consumer communications (internal & external) & administration;
- Associated Events and merchandising requirements;
- Writing creative design briefs;
- Promotional marketing activities – including ‘below the line’ marketing;
- Plan, implement and measure seminars, conferences, field events, hospitality, limited- scale trade shows or on-line events.
- Typical events managed are for one business group, reach an audience greater than 1,000 and cost $100K+ (US$).
- Manage assignments to agencies or contractors as needed.
- Manage project, Agency and Program budgets as assigned.
- Helping to coordinate and arrange Travel and Expenses for Management.
- Maintain HP marketing management systems as needed.
- Frequent travel – >30%.
Education And Experience Required
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Communications.
Knowledge And Skills
- A suitable background in either: Program coordinating, merchandising (agency) or event marketing experience – managing end to end events;
- Experience compiling internal & external communications.
- Experience writing creative design briefs;
- Strong MS office skills (especially Excel & PowerPoint);
- Graphic design background would be advantageous;
- Strong written & oral communication skills;
- Accuracy and high attention to detail and a highly organised and systematic approach to working;
- Ability to work well within a team and work autonomously well;
- A marketing degree would be desirable.
- Organization and project/ program management skills.
- Solid written/verbal communications skills.
- Analytic skills to determine closed-loop return of assigned shows or events.
- Knowledge of trade show and events strategies and tactics
- Knowledge of HP lead management systems and processes.
This role could suit up and coming Program and Event marketing coordinators, or more experience operators that enjoy this type of work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
If you would like the opportunity to work for a leading edge global technology solution provider then apply no.
A great career path and competitive remuneration package will be offered for the right individual. As a recognised ‘employer of choice’ in Australia, we are committed to the values of workforce diversity, career development, equal employment opportunities and workplace flexibility
- Typically limited to one geography.
- Typically involves simple road shows, seminars, customer hospitality events and limited- scale trade shows.
Why HP Australia?
- Australian Market Leader across PC & Print
- A wide and varied product portfolio to market
- Recognised globally as an Employer of Choice and certified as a Great Place to Work 2021
- Cultivates and encourages a diverse and inclusive culture with multiple Business Impact Groups
- Gold Level, Skilled Workplace Accreditation from Mental Health First Aid Australia
- Market Leading Mentoring Program
- Recognised and one of the world’s most sustainable companies
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible work environment
- Supportive team culture
- Also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people looking to start or continue their career in HP.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!