IHG Hotels & Resorts
About the job
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
Your day to day
Based on Hayman Island and supported by the Director of Sales and our Associate Director of Events, you will ensure all event planning and banquet communication is completed accurately and in a timely manner to ensure our clients expectations are met. This unique role will have the opportunity to support our key clients with their event experience from the beginning of their planning journey to execution. You will be responsible for driving event profitability with a particular focus on the corporate market.
What we need from you
We are seeking an enthusiastic and professional team player who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations. You will have:
- Foundational experience in banquets or events coordination.
- Strong interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines.
- Proven ability to adapt to varying situations.
What we offer
- World class colleague facilities including excellent subsidised villa accommodation with a dedicated pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields.
- An exciting and ever-changing colleague activities calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional growth opportunities including multi-hire programs, skills training and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.