About the job
Women Engaged is seeking a full-time Atlanta-based Executive Assistant who is a proactive problem solver with exceptional organizational, office management and communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail. This position reports to the Co-Founder and Executive Director, Malika Redmond.
The ideal candidate enjoys supporting strong leaders by being highly organized, dedicated, and self-directed, with the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This person is a proactive leader committed to social justice, advocacy and positive change.
About Women Engaged
Women Engaged exists because if Black women thrive, everyone around her flourishes.
Since 2014, Women Engaged uses an innovative, hands-on community based learning approach to advance Black women’s human rights, Black youth empowerment and civic engagement efforts in Georgia. Women Engaged develops policy recommendations, conducts research and organizes initiatives paired with leadership development, savvy communications outreach strategies and robust civic engagement opportunities.
For more information, please visit: https://www.womenengaged.org
The Executive Assistant, who is based in Atlanta, will be responsible for:
- Managing the CEOs schedule, including arranging interviews, speaking engagements, and meetings
- Diplomatically and strategically handling time requests as needed
- Assisting with coordination of Board, staff, and other meetings, including preparation, logistics, note taking and other needs
- Processing expenses, including review, approval, and payment, and maintain records for all office financial transactions
- Supporting production of monthly financial reports
- Assisting with the annual office budget, including tracking regularly and preparing forecasts as needed
- Petty cash disbursements and reconciliation reports
- Assisting with TotalSource ADP Payroll system & maintenance
- Maintaining operation of all basic office equipment (computers, printers, postage meter, fax machine, copier, scanner, etc.), including troubleshooting issues and coordinating service and repairs
- Providing technical assistance to staff in the use and updates of software WE uses (Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Slack, ADP)
- Maintaining office applications and subscriptions, passwords, email accounts, contact lists, instructions and forms, and administrative entries in office calendar
- Handling office and phone reception and mail processing
- Coordinating paper file archives and storage
Who should apply
We are seeking candidates who have proven experience effectively and strategically managing executive calendars, and proactively supporting the executive’s role in all capacities. You must be confident in executing responsibilities virtually, with the ability to pivot to in-person engagement when it is deemed safe. You should have:
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and other historically marginalized communities
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to build strong relationships and trust across race, gender, class, and other identities
- Committed to advancing the vision and goals of Women Engaged
- Background in 501c3 work and the desire to work with progressive organizations
- Must be able to work professionally and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts, constituents, and vendors
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines
- Be a self-starter, attentive to detail, a team player and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Substantial experience working as an executive assistant to a senior executive, or experience in a comparable role
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrating consistently high standards of accuracy and clarity in written work
- Exceptional problem solving and strategic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with office bookkeeping basics
- An excellent eye for, and commitment to, detail
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with programs such as Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Slack, and ADP, including the ability to maintain and train others on these programs
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Ability to manage up
- This position is full-time and based in the metro-Atlanta area. If selected, the breakdown of time in and out of office will be determined by executive leadership.
- The salary range for this position is $75,000 – $85,000. Women Engaged also offers a generous benefits package.
Women Engaged is an equal opportunity employer. We especially encourage people of color, LGBTQ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
Join our Team
We love working with people who are:
- Loyal – Are you able to stick with Black women, girls, and femmes until they get to where they want to be in life?
- Helpful – Are you willing to provide help that solves problems and empowers?
- Resourceful – Are you able to think logistically and skillfully take on new situations?
Everyone at Women Engaged has a good time bringing rigor, thoughtfulness, generosity, and joy to their work.
- Reading – We think deeply and attempt to understand the issues that affect black women, their families and communities and what it takes for them to thrive.
- Pursuing Excellence – We don’t give up or take shortcuts that will compromise the quality of our work.
- Engaging – We eagerly engage in dialogue through social media and/or conversations in order to build relationships with stakeholders, allies, community members, and public leaders on the issues deemed important to Black women, girls, and femmes, from Black women, girls, and femmes.