The Australian Ballet
About the job
The External Relations Assistant role is responsible for providing support to the External Relations team in the delivery of benefits to our corporate partners. The main focus of the role is supporting the delivery of ticketing and events requirements with additional support in the areas of admin and research as required and pending work demands.
This is Sydney or Melbourne based full time position and has a limited travel component as sponsor events and season obligations require.
The Australian Ballet is one of the world’s leading national ballet companies and a globally recognised Australian major performing arts organisation. Each year the company presents upwards of 220 performances through its main stage seasons in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth; along with public programs, special events, an extensive regional tour, a Children’s Ballet and Education programs and regular overseas tours.
Orchestra Victoria (OV), provides pit services for ballet and opera in Victoria, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Australian Ballet. The Australian Ballet and Orchestra Victoria have an annual turnover of more than $70 million and employ over 265 staff.
We are exceptional In our art we strive to inspire, transform and to connect emotionally with our audiences. Beauty, athleticism, technical excellence and strength are hallmarks of our aesthetic.
We are ambitious We know where we are going. We believe in our ability to make things happen and to reach for the stars. We’re disciplined and don’t give up. We do things today.
We are innovators Creativity powers our company. We value knowledge, experience, open-mindedness, fresh thinking and passion on and off the stage.
We are proudly Australian Our company joyfully reflects the rich diversity of our nation, speaking to all Australians, and about Australia, to the world.
We are one team We work as one team towards common goals across the entire organisation, wherever we are and whatever we do. We are friendly, trusting in our relationships, always open to the other point of view, and willing to have courageous conversations.
We are sustainable We recognise the importance of diverse and growing income streams, and our dependence on state-of-the-art facilities and systems. We emphasise analysis, critical thinking, and careful planning in all our work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all ticketing requirements for External Relations team including but not limited to Opening Nights, season nights, Dress Rehearsals, sponsor events, corporate hospitality program and ad hoc requests
- Manage all ticketing stakeholders including Company Management, VIP Ticketing and External Relations team of all updates/changes and proactive forward planning
- Liaise and co-ordinate all event activities with External Relations team, individual performance venues, venue caterers and TAB suppliers as required
- Onsite support and hosting for events (as required)
- Budget tracking and management of all activities including invoicing and/or credit card processing as required
- Manage all relevant information in Tessitura database and External Relations files
- Administrative and research support as required
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Min 5 years administration and/or ticketing roles
- Experience liaising directly with clients
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong Project Management skills ie able to multitask, prioritise, budget management, meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer and database management skills (experience in Tessitura or other CRM system preferred)
- Ideally from a fast-paced client facing background
- Strong customer service orientation and team player
- Flexible, collaborative, problem solver