Finance Business Partner Lead – Flight Operations
- Challenge yourself to develop deep operational understanding and add significant value in this critical business partnering role
- Take an opportunity to grow and diversify your career
- 12-month parental leave cover position, based at our Mascot Campus
At Qantas, we represent Australia to the world. Our diverse country is known for our spirit, mateship, and a can-do attitude. It’s in us to be our best. We see it as our responsibility to take ownership and drive outcomes, ensuring we make a contribution to taking the organization forward.
As the Finance Business Partner Lead for Flight Operations, you will have a unique opportunity to partner directly with the business to drive performance and support strategic decision making for our 1,800 short haul and long haul pilots. You will aid the Flight Operations leadership team in the development of workforce strategies to meet business needs and transformation targets, manage and coordinate the budget and forecasting process, communicate key monthly workforce performance insights and actions and support the development of business cases and RFAs. You will be closely involved with understanding the impact of both short and long term network scenarios, working closely with Group Workforce Services to provide feedback and improvement suggestions to minimize cost and maximize workforce efficiency.
You will also work closely with the Workforce Finance and CoFE teams to identify opportunities for simplification and improvement of workforce finance processes and to build the Workforce Finance analysts’ detailed understanding of Flight Operations and ensure alignment to the function’s priorities.
The role is fast-paced and demanding, collaborating on a day-to-day basis with multiple business stakeholders across the organization, while also providing a high degree of support to the Head of Finance and the Flight Operations leadership team.
- Graduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Extensive experience within a similar role
- CA/CPA/MBA qualified
- Strong stakeholder management skills and confidence to challenge senior executives
- Demonstrated ability in partnering with other business areas to influence business decisions
- High level of personal initiative with ability to generate and drive proactive outcomes
- Analytical and strategic thinking, identifying relationships between financial and non-financial drivers with the ability to deliver clear performance advice
- High levels of personal organization and pragmatism to be able to manage and prioritize multiple stakeholder requirements within required time frames
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills with sound technical abilities in financial and data modelling, analysis, forecasting, reporting, and budgeting
- Attention to detail, delivering accurate and consistent results that tell a meaningful story
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. By coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organization that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process. Your personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
Be a part of something special and play your part in the Qantas story – get in touch today