About the job
Role & Responsibilities
The role is responsible for accounting duties including internal management reporting and regulatory reporting for MAS (Singapore) and Hong Kong Office.
Duties and Activities
- Liaise with other departments/service provider/banks to obtain information as required.
- Ensure proper approvals are obtained for all expenditures before any payments are made for Singapore & Hong Kong Office
- Review all invoices and expense reimbursements made by the company to ensure GST is identified for GST return purposes.
- Handle accounts payable/receivables & data entry of payments, receipts & monthly journal entries.
- Monthly bank reconciliation and accounting reconciliation
- Prepare monthly financial reports for head office, including analysis of expenditures and revenue fluctuations and calculation of regulatory capital requirements
- Preparation of the quarterly GST return.
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly MAS returns.
- Prepare/Review of the FRR report to SFC for HK office
- Assist with compliance requirements
- Assist to prepare the annual audit working papers for Singapore/Hong Kong
- Review the audit workings papers for HK office
- Assist/Liaise with the auditors for the completion of the Financial Statement audits for Singapore Branch and Hong Kong Office
- Participate in annual budget, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Provide support in ad-hoc projects and process improvement.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills And Competencies
- Degree with minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Understanding of fundamental financial principles and IFRS
- Strong analytical, Interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges
- Able to cope and deliver successful results within agreed upon timeframes
- Ability to handle numerous ad hoc responsibilities ad prioritize effectively
- Detail oriented, able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning.
- Self-motivated, professional, and flexible, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Office