Hattons of London
We are recruiting a fully qualified finance manager to join a fast-growing and dynamic business-to-consumer company. The Finance Manager will be responsible for end-to-end financial matters of the
business and should have relevant experience in a senior finance position. This role will report
directly to the Managing Director.
Hours of work Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.45pm, 42.5-hour week contract.
- Handle all day-to-day bookkeeping requirements.
- Processing invoices on the system.
- Maintaining up-to-date records.
- Checking accuracy of supplier invoices.
- Handling all supplier payments in a timely fashion through online banking and BACS.
- Handle all payroll matters by working with a third-party payroll provider.
- Manage all company secretarial matters ensuring that records are kept up to date and all filings are submitted on time.
- Manage all VAT affairs including quarterly returns.
- Manage all other tax affairs.
- Familiarity with PSA submissions.
- Handle all monthly management account reports. Producing accurate reports in a timely fashion, including balance sheet and cash flow.
- Ensure our finance records are all accurate and reconciled.
- Identify ways in which the company can reduce its cost space and/or save money.
- Ensuring the business meets all compliance and statutory requirements.
- Prepare the company for commencing the annual audit process.
- Managing budgets and assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and monitoring progress throughout the year.
- Liaise with US accountants in relation to our US subsidiary.
- Contribute towards the efficient running of the business by suggesting improvements outside of the finance function.
- Keep up to date with financial and regulatory legislation.
- Ability and willingness to handle all work individually as this is a one person department to
Key Skills, Attributes, and Qualifications
- Impeccable sense of integrity.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Self-starter and able to work without supervision.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills.
- Creative in looking for new business opportunities.
- Thoroughly flexible while having the ability to observe strict and sometimes demanding deadlines.
- Friendly and outgoing character, able to fit in with and adapt to the working environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fully qualified with three years of work experience minimum in a responsible position.
- Must be familiar with VAT exemption regulations.