Fulbright University Vietnam
Position title: Financial Aid Officer
Department: Admissions and Financial Aid (AdFA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Help us reimagine the University.
We are Fulbright University Vietnam (“Fulbright” or “FUV”), Vietnam’s first independent, not-for-profit, liberal arts university. We are an expanding international team of educational innovators, with deep roots in Vietnam, strong political and financial backing, and connections to educational institutions around the world. Importantly, Fulbright is committed to serving Vietnamese society through rigorous research and responsible civic engagement.
We seek outstanding faculty and professional staff to join our growing team. Fulbright’s team thrives on a passion for educating the next generation of Vietnamese leaders equipped with the skills to tackle global challenges. We are creative, adaptive, determined with a good sense of humor.
If you want to see Vietnam’s youth meet their greatest potential, join us! Our Crescent Campus is located in Crescent Plaza, Phu My Hung, in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 7. We will call this home while we develop our flagship campus in District 9, which will open in the coming years.
We are seeking a Financial Aid Officer to support the operations and continuous improvement of Fulbright’s undergraduate student financial aid program.
This role is expected to work collaboratively with colleagues on the admissions and financial aid team, as well as colleagues from other teams at Fulbright.
To better understand our work at the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid, please refer to this page https://admissions.fulbright.edu.vn/.
Reports operationally to: Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
List by title positions which report directly to this position: None
FUV is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of its staff members. FUV and its staff members must comply with a range of Vietnamese legal and regulatory requirements, including foreign investment & business, import & export, contracts & commerce, banking, finance & foreign exchange, labour, taxation, land & premises, environment, and immigration. FUV expects all staff members to comply with its Code of Conduct, policies and procedures, which relate to legal and regulatory requirements and our ways of working.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Support the life-cycle of Fulbright’s need-based financial aid program including, but not limited to:
- Communicate Fulbright’s financial aid approach to prospective students, families, and the public through school visits, public events, and social media
- Assist applicants and their families in completing financial aid forms
- Analyze financial aid forms and interviewing families to assess applicants’ financial circumstances
- Manage data confidentiality and security
- Conduct post-mortem reviews of the financial aid process to identify ways to improve subsequent cycles
- Provide reporting to philanthropic donors
2. Student Recruitment: The Financial Aid Officer will also support the Recruitment activities to encourage prospective students to apply to Fulbright.
- Contributing to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Other tasks and responsibilities assigned to the Employee by the Company which may be adjusted from time to time.
Qualifications and pre-requisites:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance related discipline
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong alignment with Fulbright’s educational mission and a passion for education
- Value and commit to integrity and confidentiality
- Strong background on banking, or finance or auditing
- Ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data
- Willingness to travel extensively and work collaboratively and flexibly
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and families
What we offer
- Opportunity to join a passionate team who shares the belief in the transformative power of education and values the unique opportunity to create a new university.
- Opportunity to participate in public talks, workshops, seminars, as well as other enriching activities at Fulbright.
- A full network of supportive colleagues.
- A dynamic, innovative, and professional work environment.
- Intensive English-speaking environment.
- Competitive salary and high-end insurance schemes for employees and direct family members.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Generous annual leave/paid time off.
- Flexible work arrangement options.