Thermo Fisher Scientific
About the job
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
Thermo Fisher is looking for a results-oriented Finance Analyst M/F to support the Commercial Finance activities for a $600M+ LPD EMEA business.
The Finance Analyst position works closely with the Sr. Finance Manager, Group FP&A Commercial and BU Division Finance for reporting of financial performance, revenue and Opex forecasting and business drivers to support the commercial decision making.
The ideal candidate has strong analytical and data focused technical skills with the ability to communicate complex topics in a summary fashion to drive actionable solutions.
This role would suit an individual with a passion for data analytics and a real desire to build a career and succeed within a fast paced, innovative FP&A function.
The position is a permanent one, and ideally based in saint herblain/France
- Responsible to support the forecasting processes and lead the regional review with the LPD EMEA Commercial Teams.
- Responsible for the financial preparation of the Commercial monthly and quarterly business review (MBR’s and QBR’s) presentations.
- Support the Sr. Finance Manager to establish Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for LPD EMEA in revenue volume and price, translate it in growth sales targets breakdown by Region and Channel plus support the five-year strategic planning (STRAP) when required
- Be the financial support and analysis for the Channel Management Team (Include monthly reporting, EU rebates programs, dealer rationalization & optimization and provide appropriate support to Division finance teams)
- Work closely with Commercial Marketing Managers to ensure financial diligence and measure performance of programs and promotions
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and analytical modeling via the use of multiple financial systems to support commercial growth initiative projects (Establish metrics; highlights trends / gaps and facilitate actions to address)
- Have cross-functional involvement and continuous process improvement by taking part in PPIs and other division efficiency projects
- Act as the main back-up for the teams and be prepared to fill in on calls/presentations if needed.
- Financial analysis, data management, or equivalent experience in similar function in industry
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple and diverse tasks and projects
- Innovative and creative thinking and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to influence and lead co-workers from multiple departments / functions, and to communicate with all level of management
- Ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience using data to identify trends and build out reporting capabilities
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data
- First experience in a large, multi-currency, international operating company with a focus on commercial
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge and experience in financial reporting systems
- Experience in Cognos, Power BI or Tableau
- Proficient use of MS Office software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient level of English is a must have. Working knowledge of any other European language is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel 10-20% when able
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive analytical experience with a focus on analyzing and interpreting data to evaluate business performance and support effective business decision making
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities including Excel and relational database skills. Experience with in-depth financial modeling as well as demonstrated analytical and statistical problem solving skills, including data handling
- Ability to understand drivers of a successful business and communicate them plus ability to implement corrective action plans in relation with commercial teams to answer to any business pressure
- Ability to work in a complex, matrixed environment
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) effectively with Regional Commercial Leaders