Novelship is Asia’s fastest growing online marketplace for authentic, limited edition sneakers, apparel, and collectibles from the world’s most-exclusive brands including Air Jordan, Yeezy, Supreme, Palace, Bearbrick, and more! Every item purchased or sold on Novelship is guaranteed to be 100% authentic.
We are looking for a General Manager (GM) in Japan, who will work closely with our Leadership Team and lead a local Japanese team. The GM will be responsible for managing the Novelship Japan entity, developing and executing strategies to acquire, retain Japanese users and Novelship’s market share in Japan. The GM will oversee teams in marketing, business development, operations, and lead contract negotiations, oversee employee management, and work with HQ on forecasting and budgeting.
You will ensure that the local teams work in alignment and effectively with HQ teams in order to deliver a consistent and great experience to Novelship users in Japan.
You will act as the primary contact for Novelship Japan on areas relating to Government and Regulatory affairs; Consumer Affairs; Trade and Business bodies and any local media matters, and report timely on performance targets and execution roadblocks with the Global and HQ Teams.
- Develop and oversee the execution of the business development and seller acquisition strategies within Japan and its contribution to the Global Business strategy.
- Oversee and co-develop localised paid marketing, content marketing, and local Japan user campaigns
- Co-negotiate with local fulfilment team on terms and pricing with logistics and warehouse providers
- Ensure the fulfilment team adheres to Global standards on Product authentication and fulfilment speed
- Prepare and execute relevant agreements with local authorities to ensure business continuity
- Advice and contribute on localisation of Novelship Native App towards Japanese users
- Experienced in managing multi-department teams in Marketing, Business Development and Operations
- Experienced in hiring and staffing.
- Proven track record in managing, setting expectations, performance targets and ensuring performance standards.
- Able to communicate in English for business purposes.
- Understands key Marketing Metrics used in reporting (e.g. CAC, UAC, New User Registration), Operational Metrics (e.g. Turnaround time, Inventory Aging, Utilisation Rate), Sales Metrics (e.g. Acquisition Cost)
- Takes Initiative and Ownership in projects. Willing to roll up sleeves and get the job done when necessary.