Hong Kong Baptist University
About the job
Senior Assistant Manager [Role: Global Engagement Manager] (PR0249/21-22)
The International Office, with a fast-paced work environment, is looking for a key member who is a passionate advocate for internationalisation to join the vibrant team.
This is a senior executive position. Reporting to the Director, International Office, the main responsibilities of the appointee include:
- Formulating strategies and driving initiatives in the area of internationalisation;
- Planning, managing, implementing, and delivering targeted projects with the primary goals to develop strategic partnerships, foster internationalisation and encourage student mobility;
- Playing a leadership role and overseeing all major activities;
- Drafting papers/reports and servicing committees;
- Supervising teams of professionals; and
- Occasional overseas travel.
Applicants should possess/be:
- A recognised degree with at least seven years of work experience with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Dynamic, creative, resourceful, capable of thinking outside the box, and have the ability to deal with ambiguity and cope with change;
- Strong leadership, analytical, organisational, and interpersonal skills;
- A self-starter with outgoing personality and positive attitude, able to work effectively with people of different cultures, enthusiastic about working with students, able to multitask, work independently and under pressure; and
- Proven experience in partnerships strategy development, overseas work and/or study experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit for a written test.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of two years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.