Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
About the job
- Classification: Executive Level 1
- Location: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart, Newcastle, Perth, Melbourne, Wollongong, Sydney
- Salary: $103,401 – $116,312
With over 1,200 talented staff working from more than 100 offices covering nearly 50 markets, Austrade supports qualified Australian businesses through their global expansion journey.
Leading a team of advisers, and in conjunction with our partners, our client-focused GEMs will provide our clients with services and advice to help them export. GEMs will manage their key accounts by ensuring the services their clients receive are consistent and useful.
This role can be performed from any Australian location where Austrade has an office presence. Please note there a several vacancies across the Global Client Services Division.
- Work with experts across Austrade and its partners to identify, target and assess clients;
- Support the Senior GEMs in forming a team;
- Lead the team by:
- Identifying the resources required in consultation with relevant managers;
- Ensuring team members have a good understanding of clients and their needs;
- Ensuring consistency in service delivery and meeting client needs;
- Demonstrating adaptability and responsiveness to changing environments; and
- Maintaining and sharing sector knowledge with their teams;
- Provide strategic advice and drive outcomes for clients by:
- Creating an action plan with each client, outlining how we will support their expansion plans;
- Ensuring the delivery of the plan with an integrated and consistent service;
- Establishing and maintaining global networks and relationships;
- Using partnerships to strengthen the team;
- Anticipating and responding to client needs and challenges, escalating where required; and
- Maintaining detailed client records in our CRM system and other software as relevant;
- Contribute to the improvement of Austrade’s digital services;
- Monitor client needs and encourage improvements and innovation across all services;
- Represent Australia and Austrade in both corporate and government settings;
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate client engagement, commercial acumen and consultative selling skills; and
- Clearly describe Austrade’s service and value proposition to clients and partners.
Given our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Austrade actively encourages applications from people with disabilities, LGBTIQ people, women, and people with diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds for all of our roles.