BayWa r.e. APAC
BayWa r.e. is the home for change makers. We r.e.think energy – how it is produced, stored and can be best used to enable the global renewable energy transition that is essential to the future of our planet. At BayWa r.e. we effect change globally. With locations in 29 countries, we have over 3,500 people already working across the world, collaborating with local businesses to proactively shape the future of the energy sector.
In the APAC region, we are already more than 220 employees located in our 9 country offices throughout the APAC region (Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, and Australia). Our business activities include trading, project development, operations & maintenance and tailor-made energy solutions.
Purpose: Take a strategic lead role and managing all HR-related functions in the Asia Pacific region (“APAC”), reporting to both the APAC regional directors, on a day-to-day basis, and the global Director of HR in Germany, on a functional basis.
This position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand, regional hub for APAC
What You Will Do
- Develop and lead the HR strategy for Asia Pacific and ensure consistency with global policies and strategic direction.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of the HR function
- Ensure that global HR policies are implemented and respected across the different legal entities in APAC.
- Ensure the collaboration and sharing of best practices across the HR community in Asia Pacific
- Accurately diagnose organizational issues, develop solutions, and implement them
- Provide strategic business partnership to our management team
- Ensure the implementation of the DEI policy
- Strategic development of the HR function to be able to support the growth of the business, including but not limited to:
- Strategic management of the employee lifecycle, from recruitment to career building and succession planning;
- Implementing and improving digitalization initiatives.
- Maintaining the team culture and morale to drive productivity and retention; and forward-looking resource planning to ensure the businesses achieve the desired growth plans.
- Manage key strategic projects and initiatives
What You Bring
- Master degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in various HR positions, including management and regional roles
- Fluent command of spoken/written English
- Strong communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
What We Are Ready To Offer You
- A flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
- A diverse and inclusive team with a strong culture focusing on employee health and wellbeing.
- The possibility to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy Provident-fund
- Performance bonus