Academy Music Group
Company: Academy Music Group
Location: Brixton, London
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Working hours: Full time
The Head of Partnerships is the business owner for all venue partnerships across the Academy Music Group and Live Nation venue estate and is accountable for the strategy and delivery of the partnerships programme.
Working with a diverse range of high profile partners (including O2, Barclaycard, Truly Hard Seltzer, Carlsberg and more), the Head of Partnerships will create and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential partners. The ability to identify commercial opportunities that add value to the fan experience through venue partnerships is critical to this role.
Accountability for the delivery of all partner activations and campaigns across a diverse venue landscape is the critical focus of this role. Alongside this The Head of Partnerships will champion a culture of working with our partners and operational team to ensure execution of partnership rights but also effective ways of working in the true spirit of partnership.
The Partnership team at Academy Music Group brings together brands, bands and fans to increase value for all stakeholders. As the UK’s leader and home of live music with unparalleled scale and access, we deliver highly effective partnership programs.
This is an exciting time to join the business as we continue gear back up following the return to live and look forward to engaging, entertaining and exciting our fans. Critical to the success of our venue experience is to drive partner engagement that enhances and enables delivery of a frictionless engagement between Fans and Artists within our venues.
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Proven track record building partnership relationships and strategic account Management at senior level
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills, with ability to adapt effectively communicate at all levels internally and externally
- Commercial acumen and P&L accountability
- Resilient, resourceful and tenacious, ability to work in high pressure situations, including high level skill in trouble shooting, problem solving and decision making
- Robust knowledge of marketing, PR, social and digital media
- Experience in campaign and partnership launches
- Experience within the live entertainment, hospitality, leisure or experience economy a bonus
The visitors to our venues are more than customers, they’re our Fans, and they are at the heart of everything we do. The Head of Partnerships will embody and role model out Fan First behaviours.
- We care. We genuinely care about our Fans as individuals and strive to go above and beyond their expectations. We understand what is important to our customers, stakeholders and teams.
- We make it relevant. We deliver the products, services and experience that are right for our fans that enhances their experience. We focus on the task that will make a difference to the business.
- We communicate. We embody great communication at all times. We are polite, courteous and are fluent in our brand language. We work collaboratively and share best practice.
- We take ownership. We take ownership, responsibility and accountability to get the job done. We do what we say we’re going to do and work together to solve challenges and exploit opportunities.
- We add value. We focus on the detail that drives enhanced commercial performance and efficiencies. We are bold and brave and constantly self review to ensure we’re adding value at all times.
- We do what’s right. We drive a culture of inclusivity, diversity and sustainability to do things the right way. We treat everyone with the same respect and work towards making our venues and festivals accessible, inclusive and sustainable.
What the role includes
- Strategic ownership of all venue Partnerships relationships and overall accountability for partner campaign delivery
- Developing and maintaining successful relationships with key sponsors and partners
- Key strategic decision maker and final point of escalation
- Coach, mentor and develop a high performance AMG Partnership team
- Working collaboratively other Heads of Department and senior stakeholders to deliver partners strategic programmes through our unique relationship with fans, artists across the venue estate
- Working closely with the Live Nation partnership team on new partner opportunities and business development
- Develop and implement effective processes and ways of working for delivering new partnerships and ongoing account management
- Presentations to senior internal and external stakeholders
- Working with the Chief Operating Officer and Finance Director
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the standard rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business, we’ll encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Academy Music Group (AMG) is the UK’s leading owner and operator of live music and entertainment venues with award-winning credentials. Several of our historic theatres are unique institutions of British music and culture and our vision is to inspire artists and audiences by hosting unforgettable live performances.
AMG is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management. #AMG