About this Opportunity
Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
Head of Product Management (Back-End); Purpose
The Head of Product Management (Back End) focuses on the overall roadmap and strategy for the experience and platforms that powers the backend of Giant Tigers Digital Platform. This individual should be seen as a digital leader and subject matter expert within the organization building and leading a team of product managers to align the digital roadmaps to the business priorities and customer needs.
The Head of Product Management (Back-end) is ultimately responsible for strategy, planning, development, integration, optimization, migrations, deployments, and maintenance of these critical business applications. He or she will drive architectural, organizational, and process maturation that matches the growth of the business and supports the future-state vision. The Head of Product Management (Back End) is the strategic leader for the technology stack supporting the digital business at Giant Tiger including order management, warehouse and transportation, customer service and payment / financial systems.
This position leads Product Managers, and development teams, and interacts with other cross-functional teams across Giant Tiger to implement and deliver tools and processes to deliver on business goals.
Head of Product Management Role Highlights:
- The Head of Product Management (Back-End) defines the strategy and executional roadmap for Giant Tigers back-end product roadmaps, conduct planning sessions to execute roadmaps, and serve as primary liaison for communicating roadmaps to the great organization.
- This individual should be seen as a digital leader and subject matter expert within the organization, while building a world class product team than can leverage the rapid evolution of eCommerce technologies and partners in the marketplace today.
- The Head of Product Management (Back-end) owns and develops relationships with various vendor partners, including influencing roadmaps, and managing budgets, and provides product updates to executive level stakeholders via formal presentations and written communication.
- This individual is ultimately responsible for strategy, planning, development, integration, optimization, migrations, deployments, and maintenance of these critical business applications. They will drive architectural, organizational, and process maturation that matches the growth of the business and supports the future-state vision.
- This leader stays informed of industry trends and best practices for current products to shape how to go about meeting business needs while performing research and providing recommendations for enhancements to current suite of products.
Head of Product Management (Back-End) Key Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce or Science
- 10+ years of experience in eCommerce
- 10 + years in Product Management
- 2-3 years in a product management leadership role
- Experience in both Agile and Scrum as a Product Owner
- Experience providing product updates to executive level stakeholders through formal presentations
- Experience planning, monitoring and managing budgets
- Travel required
Head of Product Management (Back-End) Reporting Relationships
- Reports directly to the SVP and CDO
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.