Save the Children Australia
About the job
Join an international charity dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable children, families, and communities. Bringing technical expertise and exceptional collaboration skills, you’ll ensure Save the Children programs are of high quality and delivering impact. Your passion, knowledge and experience will help position Save the Children as a leader in delivering real and measurable outcomes for children, families and communities.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit:
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster – like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
You’ll be responsible for assuring quality and impact across Save the Children Australia’s programs portfolio, leading a team of technical specialists to provide remote support to Country Offices with monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning functions. You’ll drive a culture of evidence-based programming that creates measurable results for children and their families, leveraging this for ongoing learning, effectiveness, and growth. As part of the senior management of our International Programs team, you’ll work closely with a diversity of colleagues across the organisation to shape and deliver on Save the Children’s strategic priorities. This is a full-time or part-time permanent position, preferably based in Melbourne but we are we are open to applicants based in the Aus/Pacific time zone.
You will make an impact by:
- Ensuring robust monitoring and evaluation of our work, using this to strengthen the quality, accountability and impact of programming and shape a dynamic learning culture
- Engaging with thematic leaders and a broad range of colleagues across the Save the Children network – particularly in the Pacific – to strengthen collaboration, maximise synergies and achieve breakthroughs for children
- Drawing down and adapting best practice from Save the Children International, including Common Approaches to child-focused programming
- Shaping and implementing a research agenda in collaboration with Pacific, regional and global colleagues
- Supporting business development including through development of funding or partnership proposals
- Contributing to robust data management and visualisation to drive learning and impact
Does this sound like you?
You are an outstanding leader and manager who can see the big picture and is able to dig into the detail. You have extensive knowledge of effective and inclusive programming practice, and your strong initiative gives you the ability to react to sudden and complex challenges. Most importantly, you are passionate about upholding the rights of children and the most vulnerable.
This role requires:
- Tertiary qualification/s in a related social sciences discipline
- Demonstrated experience in senior management and team leadership, including strategic planning and prioritisation
- Sound understanding and experience of the international development and humanitarian sectors including child rights-based development
- Proven strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and analytically, set and adapt priorities in a changing context
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Strong representation and influencing skills
- Experience in building organisational capacity in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Experience managing a diverse team, including effective performance management and professional development, coaching, and mentoring skills
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to make the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. In addition to a connection to social causes, you’ll have access to:
- A friendly and flexible work environment, including working from home
- Child and pet friendly work environment
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave options available
- Individual learning plans to assist your career development
- Opportunity to work on additional projects alongside business as usual