Willis Towers Watson
- The Operations Manager will have overall responsibility for four principle areas:
- Operations Management – accountability for the delivery of efficient / cost effective operational services to the business via either onshore teams, through structured oversight e.g. effective MI and governance and proactive continuous improvement.
- Operational Risk – work in partnership with broking colleagues, compliance and other corporate functions to enhance our processes, procedures, data quality, 1st line controls practice (inc. the training there of). To include Broker Manual, Excellence Review, KYC, Market Security, file reviews and the handling of Complaints/Breaches.
- Projects – Will lead the Vietnam transformation project, and will be continue to lead and deliver other change initiatives to enhance client and colleague experience to support strategic priorities / risk management, including operating model transformation, process standardisation, process improvement, integration and restructuring.
- Other – lead on specific topics as prioritised by local management as required.
- Deliver high quality, cost effective operational support to drive process control and customer satisfaction.
- Daily management of CRB operational support functions including the development and maintenance of best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Identify, prioritise and implement continuous improvement initiatives to optimise the client and broker experience, as well as drive cost efficiencies – in accordance with the Global Target Operating Model principles and design.
- Develop, promote and enhance a culture of “client first” service.
- Foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with local/Shared Service Centre – performing a gatekeeper role and overseeing performance to ensure service adoption / usage, SLA delivery, quality and capacity utilisation is where it should be.
- Develop and proactively share best practice, provide challenge and drive consistency across the BU’s.
- Plan, implement and manage agreed projects – ensuring they meet business objectives, make effective and efficient use of resources and are completed on time / within budget.
- Produce and interrogate relevant Operational (Run), Project (Change) & Control MI as required by leadership.
- Lead, orchestrate and motivate others in the delivery of service excellence, embedding the highest standards along the value chain including best practice client touch points, 1st line control / risk management.
- Lead the delivery of standardised procedures and service standards. Ensures these are understood and followed so that risk management, information security, legislation and regulation are managed effectively. Linked to this, develop and deliver Operations, Systems and relevant Control training for new joiner and existing staff.
- Maintain a proactive and positive relationship with both the Compliance and Operational Risk (as applicable) to ensure all relevant legal, regulatory or WTW risk obligations are met.
- Contribution to business plans, budget and associated monitoring as required.
- Provide team leadership (where relevant) to maintain high levels of integrity, motivation and morale. Establish an environment that promotes WTW Values and adheres to the Policies and Guidelines.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Insurance or Financial Services.
- Operations / Process leadership
- Team Leadership / ability to manage colleagues locally and virtually.
- Experience of implementing initiatives to drive change and / or deliver operational excellence.
- Project management experience; design and coordination of action plans (and teams) to implement a shared goal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence / coach / manage stakeholders across the organisation to get things done.
- High levels of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – including self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy and social skills. Actively listens – makes people feel heard and understood. Shows respect and acts in ways that builds trust and respect.
- A strong personal desire to achieve excellence.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and structure workload.
- Strategic thinker who can decompose complex issues & find solutions
- Accreditation or demonstrated knowledge of change management, process improvement (Lean/Six Sigma), quality management or KPIs.
- Understanding or experience of working in partnership with other support functions, e.g. Sales, HR, Finance, Risk, Compliance, Legal
- Good working knowledge of relevant regulations.
- Experience working with, improving and expanding local/shared service centre operations – captive and / or 3rd party.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree, preferred.