This is a virtual, work from home position designed to keep candidates who do not live in Toronto/GTA top of mind. We encourage candidates outside of the commuting geographical area to apply and join our virtual team. Current American Express employees are not eligible to move from an onsite position to a Home-Based position at this time.
You won’t just help our customers see the world, you’ll help them truly experience it.
Our consultants use their passion for travel and lifestyle to surpass client expectations by constantly striving to create unforgettable trips and experiences for our Premium Card Members.
They are brand ambassadors who take pride in their ability to craft memorable trips and deliver personalized solutions through our best-in-class service, exclusive programs and premium benefits – inspiring long-term relationships and loyalty along the way.
Delight customers with the unforgettable and unexpected! Anything can happen when people travel. Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day in our customer contact center:
- Delivering “WOW” by providing innovative and extraordinary service
- Consulting with your customers so that you can recommend relevant products and services that are perfectly tailored to their needs
- Creating unique travel experiences by expertly booking domestic and international flights, cars and hotels
- Use detailed knowledge of customers’ lifestyle preferences to offer relevant value-added opportunities
- Supporting customers who need help using the American Express Online Travel site
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of industry trends so that you can provide knowledgeable advice and sell products and services with confidence
- Revealing a private world to customers that they never knew existed
- Knowing what your customers want before they do
What you’ll need to make the most of your passion for travel and lifestyle.
- A good knowledge of travel and world geography, this could be due to a spell spent exploring the world, studying in the industry or through your recent history of selling domestic and international travel
- An understanding of the luxury servicing space and awareness in the latest trends across dining, entertainment, travel, fashion and events
- A flair for building long-lasting customer relationships through your ability to carefully listen and your strong spoken and written communication skills
- Resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Sales experience and the consultative skills to confidently recommend and cross-sell relevant products and services
- Computer skills are vital as you’ll be using several different travel tools, all day, every day. We’ll provide full training in our Sabre GDS booking tool so you’ll be an expert in no time
- The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends
- Ability to speak French would be beneficial but not essential
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
In this role, you will need to be TICO certified, if you don’t already have this accreditation, don’t worry, our industry leading training program will cover all you need to know and we will cover the cost of the certification fees for you.
We are a 24/7 operating environment so we have a variety of shift schedules designed to meet the needs of our customers and provide work/life balance to our colleagues. These cover evenings and weekends in addition to core hours and we can discuss them further with you during your application process.
Why American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. We provide you with learning and development to become great at what you do, a supportive culture to nurture your potential and travel & lifestyle experiences that help you deliver ‘WOW’ service every day. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.