Carousell is the leading classifieds group in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start selling, and to make secondhand the first choice. Founded in August 2012 in Singapore, the group has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot, OneKyat and Ox Street, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. We have three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India, as well as offices in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Vietnam. Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, STIC Investments and Sequoia Capital India.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Our culture is made up of hiring, developing, and promoting people who embody our values of solving problems for our users; having a mission-first mindset; being relentlessly resourceful; caring deeply; and staying humble to constantly improve. Together as an organisation, we make magic happen.
About The Role
We’re looking for a passionate, multi-hyphenated Marketing Manager/ Senior Manager to lead the Hong Kong Marketing team. You enjoy learning new things, relish the challenge of juggling different projects at the same time, and have a strong grasp of integrated marketing. You are committed to delivering value to our target audiences and have a flair for creativity and strategy.
This role will require you to learn and understand the ins and outs of all the categories on Carousell, from Luxury to Fashion to Home & Furniture to Electronics and Property and Services, test your ability to balance business needs with user needs and provide you with opportunities to flex your marketing muscle across many different channels, e.g. CRM, digital marketing, in-app marketing, social media, offline media including events, OOH, TV, sponsorships.
This role will report to the Managing Director of Carousell Hong Kong.
- Responsible for developing and owning all local marketing plans, coordination, and alignment of all local marketing communications to users, regardless of campaign origin (e.g. trade marketing & consumer marketing functions)
- Overall responsibility for user growth targets for the region
- Own, develop & execute annual, quarterly, and weekly country marketing plans, budgets, and objectives for Hong Kong, in partnership with regional teams, across all channels, including in-app, CRM, blog, social media, events, offline advertising and partnerships, where applicable
- Work with business owners (i.e. country manager, sales managers and category managers) to align on business targets and marketing strategies to acquire the right target audience segments for the right categories or verticals (such as Auto, Services Luxury, Electronics, etc)
- Own, develop, and launch local marketing while aligning with regional marketing teams (Brand, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Digital Marketing, Communications & Partnerships) to design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies that will drive topline brand awareness, brand consideration as well as key user growth metrics (e.g. active users, listers, listings, transacting users, retention) in our target segments
- Evaluate the effectiveness of activities conducted and optimize for future campaigns
- Lead the local marketing team, providing coaching and development to team members to accomplish goals and ensure their growth
- Ensure all campaigns are locally relevant for the market based on local business objectives, market needs and trends, and any insight from the regional COE team including but not limited to providing translations and localisations for regional campaigns and projects if any.
- Responsible for PR and being able to communicate via media channels in the local market working with our local PR agency and regional PR team.
- Balance local marketing budgets across all marketing needs and investments, against the company goals
- Report country marketing performance in weekly or monthly syncs with stakeholders
- 6-8 years of consumer and trade marketing experience, out of which, at least 3 years in leading teams.
- Experience running integrated marketing campaigns with both offline and online media in Hong Kong
- Able to make quick decisions in an ever-changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Fluent in English and Cantonese.
- You enjoy developing people and teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy, or idea clearly and concisely.
- Strong content strategy and development skills: able to piece together disparate or siloed marketing campaigns or material into one overarching coherent story.
- You understand the Hong Kong consumer well and are able to think through various target segments’ points of view.
- You have a proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels, and you’re not afraid to dive into details and execute.
- You are able to navigate and pull insights from data, especially when it comes to app and web metrics, and evaluation of marketing channel effectiveness.
- Prior experience with paid and organic digital marketing channels, offline and PR
- Experience working in startup-like environments such as marketplace, eCommerce industry experience is a plus.
- Data analysis experience, with the ability to develop business case and marketing strategies based on learnings and data insights.
- Experience with business management