About the job
To provide advice and guidance to the clients line management on transactional HR issues, including policies and procedures and employee relations matters. To undertake workplace investigations and provide a HR Service on a wide variety of HR related initiatives.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking incoming calls (daily) from our clients to provide advice and guidance on all Employee Relations issues.
- Working on back ground briefs supporting the client in Tribunal work.
- Being a source of support to internal customers.
- To provide HR and Employee Relations case management services in accordance with relevant legislation, current client policies and procedures. Cases and precedents databases and best practice.
- To demonstrate sensitivity to the client and provide a proactive structured approach to all case investigation activities, through to the documentation and presentation of reports and case closure.
- To seek and take direction from the clients HR where appropriate and follow case escalation procedures in accordance with any agreed protocol.
- To contribute to the development of the Cases and Precedents databases as appropriate.
- To regularly report on case workload progress to the relevant Manager and escalate service management issues as appropriate.
- To be responsible for the quality and timeliness of case management support delivered in relation to Equality Opportunities, Discipline and Grievance, Employment Tribunals, Performance Management Appeals, complaints to external bodies.
- To provide support and to lead when appropriate on a range of HR initiatives within the post holder’s sphere of knowledge and experience, to a variety of client organisations.
- Supervise work of other as required.
- To participate in training activities, ongoing coaching, CPD and agreeing personal objectives.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a HR role
- Experience of providing professional HR advice and guidance on Employee Relations matters.
- Demonstrable knowledge of employment law and best practice HR.
- Practical and demonstrable experience of taking a lead in investigating cases covering discipline, dignity at work or grievance’s.
- Tribunal and court experience
- Experience of working with multiple clients, in Public, Private and Voluntary sectors of the economy.
- Strategic HR experience
- Experience in Job Evaluation, Workplace Investigations, HR review / Auditing, Change Management and Organisational Design
About HR Solutions
Capita HR Solutions helps employers to maximise the performance of their HR functions from core transactional services, through to complete organisational transformation.
We meet the HR service needs of our clients by listening to the challenges they face and working with them to create an approach that suits their business, culture and people. From simple transactional services through to organisational transformation, we use a flexible approach to maximise the performance of HR functions and drive greater efficiency for businesses. Join us here and you’ll be transforming HR operations around the country.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary of £28,000
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.