About the job
Pendal Group is an independent global investment manager focused on delivering superior investment returns for clients through active management. Pendal manages $A139 billion in funds globally through brands such as Pendal Australia, J O Hambro Capital Management, Regnan and TSW.
Pendal operates a multi-boutique style business across a global marketplace through a meritocratic investment-led culture. Its experienced, long-tenured fund managers have the autonomy to offer a broad range of investment strategies with high conviction based on an investment philosophy that fosters success from a diversity of insights and investment approaches.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Employee Experience, the HR and Systems Administrator is a key part of the HR team and is the first point of contact for all HR and systems queries.
The objective of the role is to provide an outstanding employee experience through efficient and accurate HR administration support, maintaining the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), and data and reporting.
Pendal is open to many types of flexible working arrangements. The HR team is based in our Sydney office however this role could be performed by the successful candidate from our Sydney or Melbourne office, or anywhere remotely (i.e. from home) in New South Wales, Victoria or Queensland.
- Efficiently and effectively performing all EX administration duties to support the daily operations of the EX team, including creating, updating and maintaining all employee records and supporting recruitment, onboarding, performance review, remuneration review and offboarding processes
- Handling enquiries as the first point of contact for all employees and providing accurate, relevant and timely advice in line with company policies
- Preparing employment documentation, such as contracts and letters
- Administering employee benefits, processing special leave requests, ordering and distributing recognition awards and coordinating Salary Continuance Insurance matters
- Co-ordinating employee induction days
- Identifying and implementing improvements to continuously enhance processes for the EX team to increase efficiency
Data, Systems and Reporting
- Creating, preparing, and analysing employment metrics/statistical data and dashboards to support the reporting requirements of the EX team, including cyclical and monthly reporting requirements
- Creating and maintaining employment records in the HRIS, ensuring changes in employee information and organisational structure are up to date
- Managing system maintenance including upgrades, reviewing release notes, system testing and ticket management for bug fixes
- Managing systems queries, systems configuration and technical troubleshooting, working with the system vendor to escalate for assistance where required
- Providing system training to employees
Learning and Development
- Coordinating RG146 administration, including maintenance of records and compliance reporting
- Mandatory compliance training reporting
Skills, Experience and Attributes
We’re looking for someone who is curious, approachable, efficient, has a “can do” attitude and is passionate about all things data.
Ideally, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or a related discipline preferred
- HR experience in a corporate environment
- HR systems experience preferred
- Strong analytical/reporting skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Strong relationship skills; able to interact across all levels of the business in a highly professional manner
- Sound communication skills; able to clearly articulate your message with employees
- Outstanding work ethic with a strong attention to detail across all aspects of work
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to think quickly and laterally and use your natural initiative
- Curious in your approach to work; keen to understand the ‘why’
- Ability to successfully manage several competing priorities at once
At Pendal, we recognise that our most important asset is our people. We offer benefits, such as wellness initiatives and contribution leave, and programs that support career development such as study assistance and mentoring opportunities. We also recognise the value of healthy, engaged colleagues and seek to provide a diverse, inclusive, equitable and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their background and provide a work environment where everyone can access opportunities and be supported and encouraged to participate.