National Basketball Association (NBA)
About the job
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
This role will support the HR function for Asia and India on a broad range of HR activities for the NBA’s regional operations. This position will be responsible for providing support with administration, HR processes, recruitment, employee engagement and other HR duties as needed. This role will partner closely with HR colleagues in the region and in the US.
- Provide support to the full life-cycle recruitment process. This includes creating job requisitions, posting jobs on career websites, sourcing and screening candidates, scheduling candidates, and administrative support throughout the process.
- Provide support to new hires during their onboarding process including administering new hire documentation, communications, and other actions to enhance the new hires’ onboarding experience
- Administration and communication for Hong Kong, India, Philippines and Singapore benefits schemes including managing the wellbeing portals
- Support reward in wellness programs by working closely with the global benefits team and helping plan and implement classes and trainings.
- Coordinate the employee exit process
- Work with our mobility and immigration providers and employees in assisting with visa processing and administration.
- Maintain HR records
- Assist in planning and scheduling of Talent Development training and seminars
- Manage and process HR invoicing
- Provide support on other HR projects as requested
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience in human resources required
- Experience in executing on HR programs and initiatives (Recruiting, ER, HR policy implementation, etc.)
- Experience working across multiple geographies in Asia a plus
- Committed to pursuing a career in HR, ideal
- High level of proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills with exception attention to detail.
- Client-centric mindset with the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and exercise good judgement
- Fluency in English, required
- Working knowledge of HR systems and applicant tracking systems (SAP, PeopleSoft, Workday, Taleo, Greenhouse, ICIMS, etc.), a plus
- Love/interest in Basketball/Sports, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, or related discipline