About the job
About the Role
As a high-growth organization, we are seeking to hire passionate, driven, and thoughtful talent to join our People team, supporting the full spectrum of HR & Talent Management. The People team at Preface is committed to creating the optimal environment for talent to maximize their potential. You will work closely with the Director of People to create, develop, and drive forward talent solutions, scalable processes, learning programmes, and employee engagement initiatives.
As an ideal candidate, you will display the following core competencies:
- Genuinely passionate about people and believe in creating a great work environment
- Experience working in an HR generalist or HRBP role
- Highly organized and able to multitask while maintaining attention to detail in a busy and agile environment
- Excellent communication skills, find it easy to build good relationships with stakeholders
- Passionate about Education, Technology, and Lifestyle
Your key responsibilities will be in the following areas:
- Support the full talent life cycle including recruiting, C&B, learning and development, HR operations, employee engagement, and more
- Support recruitment including coordinating with hiring manager in identifying and designing vacancies, preparing job openings, reviewing and screening of candidates, arrange and conduct interviews for selection of candidates
- Participate in employee on/off boarding process, for example HR documentation, access management, and other related HR administrative works
- Handle all aspects of payroll for both F&B and office staff, for example, monthly salary calculation, final payment, expenses claims, leave management, payroll slip and MPF administration
- Provide People Services to all staff and support the wider People Team’s project works as and when required, including the identification of improvement opportunities and execution of better solution
- Manage the HR system implement, maintain, enhancement and data management
- Coordinate with different departments for Company events (Christmas party, CNY party etc)
- Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or related disciplines;
- 2-4 years working experience in HR & Administrative functions, experience in startup is an advantage;
- Well-versed in Employment Ordinance, and other Human Resources related statutory regulations;
- Familiar with MacOS,Microsoft office and Google suite
- Knowledge and previous use of HR systems (BambooHR preferred)
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, positive, self-motivated and excellent attention to detail.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Competitive Package
- Health Insurance
- Free drinks at Preface Coffee & Wine
- Free coding training
- Premium working locations, Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers
- Do something meaningful – be part of the future of education technology and the no. 1 company in the industry
Preface Coding is an industry-leading EdTech company based in London, Tokyo and Hong Kong, which specialises in delivering personalised coding education. We provide both online, and in-person courses to children, adults and corporates around the world.
Founded with a vision to make personalised education available for anyone by leveraging Artificial Intelligence, Preface has a single mission in mind: to liberate knowledge from standardised textbooks and traditional classrooms.
Our pioneering data-sharing A.I. model and smart student-teacher matching technology reshape both the teaching and learning experience for educators and learners.
COMBINING TECH x COFFEE & WINE x LIFESTYLE
Preface Coding also owns “Preface Coffee & Wine”. This experiential space
seamlessly introduce tech knowledge and innovative ideas into learners’ daily life. At our Preface Coffee & Wine, we brew coffee in the daytime, pour wine at night, all while hosting regular knowledge-sharing workshops.