Food Trends Catering & Events
About the job
Food Trends Catering & Events is a full-service caterer and event planning company with over 25 years experience. Join a woman-owned family-run business that grew from a small shop to one of the most renown caterers in the industry. We combine the feel of a family-run business and treating our workers as part of our family – we like to have fun while we work! At the same time, Food Trends has invested in sophisticated procedures and technology to become one of the most efficiently-run catering enterprises in the tri-state area. Between Manhattan and NJ the facilities total in over 30,000 sq ft. Our attention to detail and customer service and grown to serving over 1,000 customers daily. Our clients include (but are not limited to) Fortune 500 corporations, fashion houses, weddings, universities and historic venues. It is an exciting time as we are expanding our Tri-State presence!
The ideal candidate will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic initiatives.
- Recruit and onboard new hires for various departments; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Submit online job postings (sometimes in Spanish), shortlist candidates, schedule job interviews and make recommendations for hire for both full-time employees and event staff
- Manage and process payroll and benefits for 70 full time employees plus part time event staff
- Ensure smooth communication with employees and timely resolution to their queries (sometimes in Spanish)
- Schedule event staff for upcoming events
- Evaluate event staff via event check-ins and feedback forms
- Develop and maintain relationships with various staffing agencies
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience in Human Resources
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills
- Attention to detail and good judgement
- Fluency in Spanish