Ministry of Justice - New Zealand
About the Role
We are seeking an Information Advisor to join our growing Information and Library Services dream team!
Information Advisors are responsible for advice, guidance and support for information management activities across the Ministry, as well as information management support for courts.
This role is permanent full time.
If you are passionate about managing information well, and keen to work in a large and complex government agency, then we would love to hear from you.
You Will Be Required To
In this role you will work with the team to provide services across the Ministry, and to courts where relevant.
- administer and support information management systems
- provide advice, guidance, training, and support on information management best practice
- facilitate the use of services contracted from our records off-site storage provider, including transfer and retrieval of information
- build positive relationships and engage with internal and external stakeholders
Skills And Experience
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- enthusiastic about growing a career in Information Management
- familiar with the Public Records Act 2005 and relevant standards
- passionate about supporting others to meet best practice
- able to work independently and part of a team
- committed to the principles of te Tiriti o Waitangi
About Our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture – the Ministry of Justice, we’re committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
The Information and Library Services Team is part of the Data and Information group, which is responsible for the effective management and use of information at the Ministry. Information and Library Services are specifically responsible for the day-to-day support and promotion of best practice records and information management, in digital and paper systems; as well as providing library services for the Ministry.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It’s our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.