City University of Hong Kong
IT Engineer / Technical Officer
The Computing Services Centre (CSC) at City University of Hong Kong manages the University’s Information Technology infrastructure and services covering Data Centre Operations, Cloud and System Hosting, Research Computing and High-Performance Computing, Communication and Networking, Workspace and Audio-Visual Technologies, and other related IT functions to support the University’s operations. The Centre has about 110 staff and contractors currently.
- Administer and support Microsoft 365 and cloud collaborations service such as Active Directory, MS Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise etc.;
- Perform lifecycle management for SSL certificates including but not limited to procuring, inventory taking and installing SSL certificates;
- Administer and support email gateway and email backup solution;
- Perform daily operation activities including but not limited to handling incidents, service requests and implementing system changes according to CSC ITIL standard and procedures;
- Work closely with vendors and system integrators to implement effective IT solutions;
- Create and maintain system design and operations documentation; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Information Technology or related disciplines, with at least 2 years’ post-qualification working experience;
- Solid hands-on experience in administering and supporting Microsoft 365 and its applications;
- Being proactive, eager to learn and well-organized with a strong sense of urgency and responsibility;
- Strong analytical, good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Adaptability to change, ability to work independently and as part of a team and under pressure; and
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese are required.
Candidates with less qualification will be considered as Technical Officer.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract; fringe benefits include gratuity, leave, medical and dental schemes.