We are seeking a Jr. Technical Editor in Herndon, VA to support our Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) engineering customer.
- Following a documented process to assist our Navy customers with developing and maintaining engineering documents.
- Working with multiple engineering customers to manage their technical document projects from planning through publication.
- Performing verbal and written communications with engineering customers and internal Team Members.
- Formatting technical documents in MS Word templates and ensuring compliance with respective format and content requirements.
- Proofreading and editing technical documents varying in size from 5 pages to 300 plus pages for grammar, consistency, and accuracy.
- Looking up all internal document references in respective document repositories and validating document status.
- Assisting engineers with incorporating technical changes into documents.
- Coordinating document projects for various reviews with technical community.
- Publishing technical documents in respective publication repositories.
- Maintaining and updating documentation files with emails and deliverables for each phase of the document project process.
- Participating in Weekly Meetings with customer to present status of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Liberal Arts area (English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Communications preferred), candidates with a STEM Degree will not be considered
- 0 – 2 years’ experience required
- Experience with proofreading and editing
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Strong attention to detail and strong ability to proofread and edit accurately
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in the following technologies: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat