Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX)
About the job
HKEX is on an exciting journey of transforming our data landscape. Data and Analytics, part of the Innovation and Data Lab, aims to empower the staff and clients of HKEX with the use of data, and to improve the efficiency and profitability of HKEX’s business with data-driven decisions. An exciting time lies ahead and we are now inviting an experienced Data Scientist to join our team.
The position we offer
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will act as the internal SME in data science and advanced analytics, designing and implementing data solutions to address business challenges, with focus on applying data science/machine learning methods. You will be a key contributor in establishing and running ML Ops within the team. You will develop, maintain, test and evaluate data solutions within our cloud-based Big Data & Analytics Platform.
- Manage a team of data scientists and analysts
- Lead end-to-end design and implementation of complex data science and analytics projects, utilizing appropriate approach and techniques including machine earning, statistics, business analysis and data visualization.
- Mine and analyze data on our Big Data and Analytics platform to drive optimization and improvement of product development, market structure development and business strategies.
- Interpret and analyze data problems, and conceive, plan and prioritize data projects
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize client experience, revenue generation, product targeting and other business outcomes.
- Engage with Data Engineering Team to design and continuously refine platform offerings and architecture;
- Work closely with the Data Management Team to promote data quality and documentation of all work;
- Work closely with Product Manager for product and service launch, including release planning, capacity management and operational review.
We expect the ideal candidate to have 10 or more years of experience in a data science or quantitative role and to be a complex problem solver with a strong understanding of machine learning models and principles. You should be able to write production code in Python and have strong interests in the latest data analysis and visualization techniques.
- 10+ years of experience with designing and implementing data science solution for business, in a commercial or consulting capacity, with demonstrated achievement in realizing business value or operation improvement;
- A degree in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics or other Engineering;
- Data driven thinking;
- Experience in conceiving, planning and leading end-to-end data science projects involving a large variety of complex data sets;
- Ability to articulate the approach, interpretation and business values of data science projects and clearly communicate them to stakeholders including senior management;
- Advanced numerical and machine learning Python skills;
Ideally, you will also have
- Experience in Financial Markets (e.g. exchange, brokerage, trading institution) and knowledge of financial products;
- Experience in Apache Arrow and Anaconda;
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross-functional teams, able to communicate effectively with both business and technical teams;
You will be joining a cross functional team in a highly international environment based in Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.
Asia Pacific-Hong Kong
Business Analyst/ Intelligence