University of Melbourne
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Student and Scholarly Services
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional – Full time – 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university, and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About Student and Scholarly Services:
Student and Scholarly Services provides student administration and services from recruitment and point of enquiry to graduation. This team also delivers wellbeing and scholarly services to students and staff.
About the Role:
Within the Learning Designer (ePortfolio) role, you will have experience in the practice of learning design for online and blended education, with a background in projects that implement best practice learning design across multiple disciplines. You will have a solid understanding of pedagogy in the contemporary learning context.
In a typical week you may:
- Undertake consulting services with teaching staff and other support staff in the strategic and pedagogically driven development of best practice exemplars and assessments with ePortfolios.
- Design, deliver and maintain support materials, learning design frameworks, consultations, workshops and other staff professional development activity to support the effective implementation of an ePortfolio solution and increased capability in online and flexible learning and teaching. These initiatives will facilitate the embedding of ePortfolio expertise into the University.
- Lead the learning design process including the iterative design and development of learning design frameworks for ePortfolio with academics and colleagues.
You will bring to the role excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes. You will be highly organised and adept in working within a team.
Ideally, you will further have:
- An appropriate postgraduate qualification with relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Practical experience in the design and support of digital assessments using ePortfolios.
- Demonstrate COO Portfolio values by acting in the best interest of your employer; displaying service excellence by striving to deliver beyond expectations and taking ownership of the delivery; and value working collaboratively, connecting with people and building relationships in your workplace.
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers.
Be Yourself @ UoM
We recognise that our employees are at the core of all our successes and achievements. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We promote inclusive behaviour, and we actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our roles.