Supercars is the owner and operator of the Repco Supercars Championship, which is the premier motorsport category in Australasia and one of the most watched and attended sporting events in the country. Supercars is globally recognized as the best touring car category in the world and a leader in motorsport entertainment.
We are looking to hire a talented and energetic lawyer to join the Supercars team in North Sydney, NSW. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic in-house environment with opportunities for growth and development.
About the role
The role supports the General Counsel to provide legal and business affairs advice across a diverse range of commercial, intellectual property, dispute resolution and legal operation matters. This role will work closely with a talented and dedicated team of professionals across Supercars and its business units, including Commercial, Events, Marketing, Ticketing, Digital and Motorsport. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- structuring, drafting, and negotiating sponsorship, licensing, IT, event, marketing, and other commercial agreements, including terms and conditions of entry and sale;
- providing internal stakeholders with pro-active and timely commercial legal advice across a range of fields;
- assisting with procurement and tendering processes, including preparing key documentation and providing strategic advice;
- assisting with the day-to-day implementation of Supercars’ brand protection strategies, including IP awareness and ambush marketing;
- identifying, managing and mitigating key risks and legal threats;
- assisting in the drafting and formulation of competition regulations and policies;
- assisting with corporate governance and the development of legal processes, policies and procedures;
- managing the contracting process, including online and hardcopy filing systems;
- providing assistance to various committees and working groups, including in relation to Work, Health and Safety.
- Qualified as a solicitor in NSW or equivalent interstate qualifications (minimum 2 years post qualification experience.
- Strong drafting, negotiation, and technical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong background in contract law and intellectual property. Corporate, privacy, employment, and insurance experience also useful.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively manage time to deliver against multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to engage confidently with internal and external stakeholders and communicate legal issues clearly and succinctly.
- Strong analytical mind and problem-solving skills.
- Commercial awareness and interest in legal and technological developments and trends in the sport, event and entertainment industries.
- Curious, innovative, and always seeking better ways of doing things.
- High standards of integrity and ability to represent the interests of Supercars.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products.